Steves D40 king cab build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to get a cheap block n tackle , iam too old to bench press 40 odd kilos to fit the thing !!

A pic of the start of the winch install , bit of a fail today , the clutch handle needs mods and i ran out of time , and its bloody freezing , brrrrrrrrr , and yes itss a lazy way to do it , but you have to improvise when you do it alone , and iam too bloody old to bench press winches

Nice truck mate looks awsome! ive got a tough dog lift aswell im thinking of adding the coil spacers aswell just not sure on how it will drive?

did you get around to fitting the front e-locker? what are your thoughts? im just weighing up weather to go for the e-locker or a lokka..

Nice truck mate looks awsome! ive got a tough dog lift aswell im thinking of adding the coil spacers aswell just not sure on how it will drive?

did you get around to fitting the front e-locker? what are your thoughts? im just weighing up weather to go for the e-locker or a lokka..

No not as yet , that's still on the agenda , ive been pretty busy of late and need the truck , so haven't had a chance

Runva 12,000 lbs winch finally fitted today , not an easy task having to cut down the clutch handle , and even now its only just usable , but all in all iam happy with the result

Roof racks now fitted , just got to get the cross bars powder coated black

Last edited:
Steve how did you wire up the light bar? does it have its own wiring loom or did you just tap into and piggy back the spotlights?

It's got it's own , there's one going onto the removable roof rack system iam putting together , it will have run into the other light bar , and have wiring down besides the snorkel , and plugged so I can life the rack away

It's got it's own , there's one going onto the removable roof rack system iam putting together , it will have run into the other light bar , and have wiring down besides the snorkel , and plugged so I can life the rack away

do you think it would be ok to piggy back the light bar off the spotties??

Legality. All extra lighting must have its own isolating switch to prevent been switched on by mistake. Front mounted driving lights are allowed to be used on road, were roof lights are not.

Legality. All extra lighting must have its own isolating switch to prevent been switched on by mistake. Front mounted driving lights are allowed to be used on road, were roof lights are not.

Ok, i was going to get a light bar the same as the one Steve has on his bullbar and mount it in the same location, (im so original lol) if it is then hooked up to the spotties and their switch then i should be ok?? i was more worried about how the wiring would cope with the extra load from the light bar?

Light bars been leds don't have much amps. Wire it in to driving lights and see how you go with the legality. They can book you as its an obstruction of your vision. Too many little annoying laws getting mixed up. I plan on putting my led lights on the roof as they I know is not illegal in anyway just Cops think it is.

Light bars been leds don't have much amps. Wire it in to driving lights and see how you go with the legality. They can book you as its an obstruction of your vision. Too many little annoying laws getting mixed up. I plan on putting my led lights on the roof as they I know is not illegal in anyway just Cops think it is.

I cant have anything on the roof with all the ladders and roofing gear i need to carry through the week, and i cant be stuffed taking it on and off the roof racks all the time, Its a pain as it is having to unload the rest of my work gear all the time.

Yeah I think I may have seen your truck last week. Trail and error I guess see what you can get away with

Back