Suspension lift VS body lift.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradnice

Reaction score
I just got 32 inch BFG all terrains for my 04 d22 str and they rub in the guards. But don't want a suspension lift because I'll be sitting on the bump stops making a ruff ride losing wheel travel and increasing angle on cv joints. But iv heard of problems with body lifts too with steering colums and other things. What's the best option here?

Body lifts might require radiator relocation, brake hoses lengthened, might need the steering column worked on as you say.

What about heating the guards and distorting them (like panelbeating with plastic)? How badly do they rub?

A modest suspension lift shouldn't cause too much drama with CV angles and travel ought to be the same.

I was thinking just a 2inch body lift to stop them rubbing do you think that would cause drama with brake lines steering ect? Or do you think a 2 inch suspension lift would be okay?

Suspension lift is better mate. Its going to cost you more. But you get more out of it. You wo t be sitting on the bump stops if you only go 50mm. And you are going to get better chassis clearance. Which is guessing is why you got bigger tyres in the first place.

All the body lift is going to do is fix your scrubbing issue. There is nothing wrong with doing it and its not going to cause issues with your truck.

But if you have the money id definatley go the suspension lift.

If you dont want to do either you could always take a grinder and hammer to rhe inside of your guards.

Thanks mate what size body and suspension lift did you have brand and how much? My mate put 33inch BFGs on and a 3 inch iron man lift on his str and he is sitting on the bump stops and it drives like crap

I've been thinking the same thing. Just add a leaf to the back and do a body lift. Then the front end keeps all the factory geometry.

Thanks mate what size body and suspension lift did you have brand and how much? My mate put 33inch BFGs on and a 3 inch iron man lift on his str and he is sitting on the bump stops and it drives like crap

Ive got 2" EFS suspension lift was about 1200 and 2" body lift was about 400. I installed both myself.

Latest posts

Back