Suuuuuup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha wont hold it against you krafty at the end of the day it still has a Nissan badge :D

had a late night halfway through installing my snorkel, do you get an adaptor to go from that triangle shape off the airbox to 80mm silicon rubber? or will i have to put my plumbing skillz to the test and make one?

before you say its in the kit you fool, i didnt purchase the kit, i just have the snorkel by itself. i have a dual battery setup so the snorkel is installed bout 350- 400mm further up as the battery is in the way. its directly inline with the intake of the airbox so all i need it 250mm of 80mm hose to join them up.......and an adaptor lol

ny help would be much appreciated

cheers

Hmmm what's this asking car related questions all about Bazz? :sarcastic:

There is a few threads and possibly write ups on D22 snorkels on these pages somewhere but if you can't find an answer by searching I'm sure someone will find you an answer.

Haha wont hold it against you krafty at the end of the day it still has a Nissan badge :D

had a late night halfway through installing my snorkel, do you get an adaptor to go from that triangle shape off the airbox to 80mm silicon rubber? or will i have to put my plumbing skillz to the test and make one?

before you say its in the kit you fool, i didnt purchase the kit, i just have the snorkel by itself. i have a dual battery setup so the snorkel is installed bout 350- 400mm further up as the battery is in the way. its directly inline with the intake of the airbox so all i need it 250mm of 80mm hose to join them up.......and an adaptor lol

ny help would be much appreciated

cheers

How handy are you with sheet metal ?

Well I can make a bed with hospital corners....oops wrong sheet...excuse me I own a D40

Welcome to the forum

thanks man also read alot of threads on your 8 cylinder nav............NICE!!!!

haha krafty :p

Yeah dave fairly handy work at a family owner manufacturing business in brisbane. We manufacture oversink boilng water units from scratch (dying breed in australia). So have all the gear and know how to make it brake press, cnc turret, lathe, milling machine, gullotine etc. Just not much time, would rather order a 100 dollar part made for the job if possible, if not will make one. if tnats the case any preffered metals to use....? have gal, aluminium, stainless, also considering copper considering how easy it is to weld and have lots of 80mm pipe lying around.

Thanks guys

hey guys just an update on my snorkel, managed to get the silicon rubber hose to seal directly over the fitting on the air box.

now that i have had it running for a couple of days have noticed the nav is alot more responsive and sounds even tougher!!

Back