The funny/cool video thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our D9 was one that clean, although it lasted about 3 hours.

The way everything locks into place makes on the framework makes the risk factor a lot less, they only thing that was going to bring that down was hydraulics failure and my bet is they were fairly certain that wasn't going to happen.

A mate of mine once hung his log forwarder off a deeply buried tree for several seconds spun the tracks around so he could use the tree to drag the machine up the hill. There is alot of strength in those hydraulic arms and lifting the machine would hardly strain them.

Still I wouldn't be caught dead doing it.

Gotta love the comments below the vid there, seems like someone may not be in 100% agreement with...well anyone really.

Krafty, are you talking about the comments under the maddogrc vid? The ones like, "My Toyota".........................

Remember the video of the Land Rover Defender loosing it on the hill and rolling backwards before rolling and we all put it down as driver error?? We might have it wrong, not likely, but maybe! Check this one out

YouTube - Accident @ Moegatle - Koos se Klim /Tsogwe

I don't reckon that is the same situation as the other one. I reckon this bloke just ran himself out of traction. He never got off the throttle until he was well and truly going backwards.

Weird bit on this one though, front wheels were hopping up and down and spinning while the rear seemed to be doing nothing and then going back down the front was spinning forwards and the rear going backwards (If you look closely it looks like the right rear was going backwards too) did he/she not have the centre diff locked? A scary lack of preparation if so, that would be like trying to do the climb in an Xtrail!

Krafty, are you talking about the comments under the maddogrc vid? The ones like, "My Toyota".........................

Yeah I was referring to those comments but in actual fact it stands for just about all the youtube vids of someone being a hero. Doesn't take long for someone to post up replies about how the subject is an idiot or the comment writer could have done better on his tricycle with both eyes closed and his hands tied behind his back.

You gotta love the comments! I do my best not to read them anymore, be it youtube or news stories, but that doesn't always happen and I end up wasting time where I could have been pulling toenails or something.

Good save by the Defender driver. And I agree, ran out of traction. The centre diff is locked. The YouTube comments are right about the music, at least. GAY.

I reckon they would have had to extract the seat fabric from his bum though afterward!

You reckon it was locked? Was hard to see in the vid but I thought when he was going back down it had both the rears tracking back down the hill and the fronts spinning forwards, what you would expect if they had not locked the centre diff, or knocked it out while climbing.

I can not recall 100% which way you shift the lever in a defender to lock the centre diff the one and only 4WD course I have done was in a defender and I recall locking the centre diff being a simple side to side move of the transfer lever with no lift of the lever/detent to unlock the movement like the push down for low range selection in the D22.

I reckon they would have had to extract the seat fabric from his bum though afterward!

You reckon it was locked? Was hard to see in the vid but I thought when he was going back down it had both the rears tracking back down the hill and the fronts spinning forwards, what you would expect if they had not locked the centre diff, or knocked it out while climbing.

I can not recall 100% which way you shift the lever in a defender to lock the centre diff the one and only 4WD course I have done was in a defender and I recall locking the centre diff being a simple side to side move of the transfer lever with no lift of the lever/detent to unlock the movement like the push down for low range selection in the D22.

If it's the same as a Discovery, it's a funny square you can go around, choosing high or low, locked or not. The lever in ours was always shithouse to use. I think that locking is over to the left, yeah. Video quality is crap, so it's impossible to know, but I could envisage that exact scenario easily happening with the centre diff locked.

dsc02673s.jpg

tell me if you notice the funny thing about this under cover cop :p

Latest posts

Back