The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The word I am getting is that Patrick's the shipping mob are involved. Apparently they are the outfit that assemble parts (that need to be fitted) on Nissan cars at the wharf compound. It appears to be them who are reporting that they cannot release the cars because they cannot complete the fitout because they do not have the parts. I don't believe it is the Dealers fault, they appear just as frustrated as I am. So it all comes back to Nissan - WTFIGO. Anyway I have registered my protest and informed the Dealer that I am definately not now buying an Xitrail for the bride. Might toddle down to Mitsubishi this afternoon and have a look at the ASX. My patience has all but run out.

What's your dealer telling you Worm?

Doug

Patricks do the fitout? I always thought they were freight only.

Makes you wonder what the huge Nissan yard on Centre Rd is for if not the holding yard waiting for the work to be done on the half finished cars. The Nissan yard has been there for years with different models all with the bonnet covers on and different things missing.

I am in between minds of whether i will buy one or not.

I currently have a 06 Patrol. 2" lift, 33's, arb bar, rear light, roof rack, warn winch, dual batteries, dvd player, IPF spotties.. im pretty happy with it. It lacks 2 things i really want though. More power and a tray.

Obviously this has caught my attention although when you put the sums together.

All prices estimated
$65000 Car
$4000 Steel tray
$2000 Steel Bar
$3000 Lift
$1500 Change my batteries over, lights over, winch over, etc etc
$75000 (total)

My car is worth $35000 (est) if i sold it now)
6.5ltr V8 TD - $28000
Tray conversion $18000
Total $81000

i get the brand new car with 0 Kms and i dont have to go to the IFS and Leaf spring suspension! I can keep the coils and shocks.. plus i wont cry when i scratch my brand new car the first time i take it off road.

Decisions decisions

I Reckon for the price the brunswick diesels sell some of their cars for, your probably best going down that road and you'll save some cash. My opinion

Brunswick Diesels

What did the reply say, as a first time poster there is possibly some restrictions. You could always try the New Members area and throw up an introduction for your first post.

I have been contemplating on whether or not to buy one of these.

I currenlty own a 06 Nissan Gu patrol Wagon that i am more than happy with in most parts. Its currently fitted with steel arb bar, warn winch, dual batteries, 2'' OME lift, rear work light, IPF Spotties, roof rack, dvd player, 33'' Pro comp tyres, 16" steel Pro comp wheels and a few other bits and pieces. Its a nice 4by.
Although its just missing 2 vital things i now really need. More power to tow and a tray.

Being such a huge gap in the dual cab market, that being jumping from a hilux 3ltr to a f250 truck the new Navara has caught my eye!

So ive roughly priced it up.

$65000 - Car
$2000 - Steel Bar
$3000 - Lift
$2000 - Change over all bits and pieces off my car
$4000 - Steel Tray
$76000 - Total

or... and a big or..

I could go down the track of having my car converted.

$35000 Value of my car
$28000 Supply and fit a brand new 6.5ltr TD Chev V8
$18000 COnvert Wagon to a tray including chassis extension (500mm) with a 2m steel tray.
$81000 - Total

Then i get to keep my coils and shocks and dont need to go the IFS and leaf springs and i wont cry when i scratch and brand new un scratched car.

I reckon its a good way to go..brunswick diesels sell some neat looking patrols for a good price too.

Brunswick Diesels

Huffy

I have been contemplating on whether or not to buy one of these.

I currenlty own a 06 Nissan Gu patrol Wagon that i am more than happy with in most parts. Its currently fitted with steel arb bar, warn winch, dual batteries, 2'' OME lift, rear work light, IPF Spotties, roof rack, dvd player, 33'' Pro comp tyres, 16" steel Pro comp wheels and a few other bits and pieces. Its a nice 4by.
Although its just missing 2 vital things i now really need. More power to tow and a tray.

Being such a huge gap in the dual cab market, that being jumping from a hilux 3ltr to a f250 truck the new Navara has caught my eye!

So ive roughly priced it up.

$65000 - Car
$2000 - Steel Bar
$3000 - Lift
$2000 - Change over all bits and pieces off my car
$4000 - Steel Tray
$76000 - Total

or... and a big or..

I could go down the track of having my car converted.

$35000 Value of my car
$28000 Supply and fit a brand new 6.5ltr TD Chev V8
$18000 COnvert Wagon to a tray including chassis extension (500mm) with a 2m steel tray.
$81000 - Total

Then i get to keep my coils and shocks and dont need to go the IFS and leaf springs and i wont cry when i scratch and brand new un scratched car.

I reckon its a good way to go..brunswick diesels sell some neat looking patrols for a good price too.

Huffy

It didnt allow it cause i had a link in there and it had to be approved by a moderator. The link was for brunswick diesels showing some of their cars for sale fitted with 6.5ltr V8 Diesels.
Cheers

Huffy

Yeah the link will be the one, now a mod will probably approve it and it will be here twice :smile:

Keep the Trol and do the work on it. The new Nav is not much more than a motor upgrade and the Trol is....well it's a Trol. It will probably also be quicker to do the Trol as people are suggesting that if you haven't got a new 550 on order yet it will be 2025 before the next shipment arrives.

I have not read all the pages of this thread but is the V6 the same as in the Landrover Discovery Series 3? Sourced from Renault??

Approved.

Leave the 6.5L Chev's in the US.

If you were to go to the effort of a engine swap the Duramax would be 1000 times better.

Spoke to my Dealer this arvo. He was assured by Nissan in NSW that my 550 had been finished and cleared for transport. Will hopefully be here before end of week, only 4 1/2 hours away in Port Kembla. Trying to be hopeful but I think I heard this about 3 weeks ago. Can only hope !!!

Spoke to my Dealer this arvo. He was assured by Nissan in NSW that my 550 had been finished and cleared for transport. Will hopefully be here before end of week, only 4 1/2 hours away in Port Kembla. Trying to be hopeful but I think I heard this about 3 weeks ago. Can only hope !!!

Hope you get it this week, spoke to my dealer yesterday (Mon) for update he said he had checked that morning and mine has'nt even been compliance plated yet so no chance this week, but someone must have one because a bloke from work said he spotted a white one driving around Rockhampton on the weekend (lucky bugger).
Cheers hunter

The word I am getting is that Patrick's the shipping mob are involved. Apparently they are the outfit that assemble parts (that need to be fitted) on Nissan cars at the wharf compound. It appears to be them who are reporting that they cannot release the cars because they cannot complete the fitout because they do not have the parts. I don't believe it is the Dealers fault, they appear just as frustrated as I am. So it all comes back to Nissan - WTFIGO. Anyway I have registered my protest and informed the Dealer that I am definately not now buying an Xitrail for the bride. Might toddle down to Mitsubishi this afternoon and have a look at the ASX. My patience has all but run out.

What's your dealer telling you Worm?

Doug

Well looks like i had a change of luck from the sounds of it as it seems that as of this morning my vehicle was sitting at the devonport wharf waiting to be freighted up here to launceston, then give them a day or so to fit and eclipse gps and a towbar and i'm in business. We are working on this coming friday for delivery at this stage. but i certainly know how you feel i was on the verge on telling them to forget the whole thing. Nissan really need to get get their act together thats for sure.

Well we'll see if i get it this friday, but at least it's in the state now so thats something.

cheers,

worm

That's so bloody funny, saying that Patricks do the fitout on the vehicles on the dock.

That's like saying McDonalds sell healthy food, or your hairdresser is the person best equipped to do your vasectomy.

However, it's gotta be true. 34° 0'25.82"S, 150°50'51.68"E - Stennet Rd, Ingleburn - take a look. It's Patricks - and thousands of cars. Google Street View shows cars through the fence that definitely could be Nissans.

Hunter, if you come from QLD, you could be in the same boat as me because my dealer told me that other dealers who were waiting for cars were also affected. It seems like the problem may be confined to cars off loaded in Brisbane.

Hunter, if you come from QLD, you could be in the same boat as me because my dealer told me that other dealers who were waiting for cars were also affected. It seems like the problem may be confined to cars off loaded in Brisbane.

Yeh mate in QLD Rockhampton, hope they get it sorted quick!
hunter

Latest posts

Back