The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just heads up - Penrite has released engine oil that conforms to rn 0720 and is suitable for V9X engine - even Nissan dealer that services our 550 is using the wrong oil ...Penrite oil is Enviro+ 5W30 C4. Now just to source some oil filters..

Mate you can find k&n oil filters on ebay for them but they was'nt much cheaper than what I paid for a Nissan one, either one was around the $19 mark

Not that bad, what it's lost at top end it's more than made up at the bottom.

When I can free up the vehicle for a while I'll give them another try, they did say they wanted it back to put it up on the dyno and sort it out.

Maybe I'll try a PM on here, that worked last time

How'd you go with the chip did you get it sorted?
Iam having issues with the paint on the bonnet at the moment looks like bird shit has gone through the paint can see the undercoat, waiting for the lady to get back to me as I brought the paint protection when I brought the car.

How'd you go with the chip did you get it sorted?
Iam having issues with the paint on the bonnet at the moment looks like bird shit has gone through the paint can see the undercoat, waiting for the lady to get back to me as I brought the paint protection when I brought the car.

No not yet, I did manage to get hold of ChipIT though, their Sydney branch went out, Perth just have a thing about not returning calls, emails, carrier pigeons etc. Shame for them as they have lost at least 4 of my mates cars as result of that.

Just on 23000k on mine. Still going like dream. Fuel use around 9 on hwy and 10/11 around town. Goes in Monday to have rust repaired from the hard lid hinge bracket holes when I fitted a canopy. Talk about a long drawn out saga, started before xmas but at last Nissan has agreed to fix it.

Mick

Hi, ordered my STX 550 earlier this week, due for delivery next Friday or early the following week. Getting a 28" fifth wheeler built so needed a ute with plenty of grunt.

A couple of questions.

Is it possible to connect the vans reverse camera into the display on the dash?

Has anybody fitted a rolling hard tonneau to a Navara, interested in hearing the pros and cons. Can't use a hard tonneau because of the fifth wheeler and the misses wants the tray secure so a standard tonneau is out of the question.

Peter

I've not heard of a rolling cover, but that might solve the problem when the 5th wheeler isn't attached.

The reversing camera COULD be wired in, as long as the dash unit accepts input from it. You may need to power the camera too, so you'll have to find out if they do that or you'll need to do that - normally you'd supply camera power from the reversing lights and have the dash unit automatically switch to that camera when it comes on.

The camera does need to be compatible with the dash unit - I'm not sure how flexible the units are in terms of camera types, but you could quite easily have an additional socket near the tow hitch that the camera cable plugs in to and run that up to the dash.

Hi, ordered my STX 550 earlier this week, due for delivery next Friday or early the following week. Getting a 28" fifth wheeler built so needed a ute with plenty of grunt.

A couple of questions.

Is it possible to connect the vans reverse camera into the display on the dash?

Has anybody fitted a rolling hard tonneau to a Navara, interested in hearing the pros and cons. Can't use a hard tonneau because of the fifth wheeler and the misses wants the tray secure so a standard tonneau is out of the question.

Peter

Peter
I have a ebay indash gps,dvd,reverse camera unit in mine, I have hooked up a 2nd camera for the caravan as it has av inputs, I run the power for the camera from the number plate light on the van, I have a toggle switch in the cab so I can switch between the two cameras. I run the av cable from the van camera to a av jack on the towbar beside a anderson plug that also chargers the van battery.
Lyle

Peter
I have a ebay indash gps,dvd,reverse camera unit in mine,
Lyle

I have been looking for a while which one did you buy and does it work OK? Main thing I am interested in is if the bluetooth and steering wheel buttons work.

Thanks,
Mike

I have been looking for a while which one did you buy and does it work OK? Main thing I am interested in is if the bluetooth and steering wheel buttons work.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike
this is the one I brought http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/v...cmd=VIDESC&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=88194249849

The bluetooth worked with the steering wheel control but when I made or received a call I had to adjust the volume, it also comes with a demo ozi explorer I had the maps so just loaded them on. I have had the unit for 12months still waiting for the first free update. It is a good unit & found Matt from dig options was good to deal with & prompt to answer my questions by either phone or email.
Lyle

I've not heard of a rolling cover, but that might solve the problem when the 5th wheeler isn't attached.

The reversing camera COULD be wired in, as long as the dash unit accepts input from it. You may need to power the camera too, so you'll have to find out if they do that or you'll need to do that - normally you'd supply camera power from the reversing lights and have the dash unit automatically switch to that camera when it comes on.

The camera does need to be compatible with the dash unit - I'm not sure how flexible the units are in terms of camera types, but you could quite easily have an additional socket near the tow hitch that the camera cable plugs in to and run that up to the dash.

I am actually interested in finding if anybody with the Nissan in dash GPS/Reverse camera has been able to connect a second or more cameras.

The rolling shutter tonneaus I am looking at are either one from Quig.com.au or a South African one sold through Blueys Ute World. These are similar to the one Ford uses as standard on the Ranger Wildtrak.

Peter

No worries ozsnow, I'll let you know when I get it and I'll post some pics.

Jase
Your ARB bash plates, did they have to modify them to fit the 550 or did they just bolt straight up, do they cover front through to gearbox? I have asked our local ARB and they said they didn't have anything for the stx 550 and if you don't mind me asking how much did they cost?
Cheers Lyle

G'day Hunter,
They don't look like they've been modified, but I can't be certain. They do cover all the way through. It looks like the hole for the sump plug is in the wrong position - meaning the plates have to be removed when dropping the oil. As for the cost - lets just say I got the biggest discount you can get! (ARB have been using my 550 as a template for various things i.e. Bullbar etc.)
cheers
Jase.

Hey all, just wondering how people tow a large boat or van?

do you use the sports shift and tow in 6th or 7th? or just use the auto transmission? interested in feedback on either method in gearbox issues, and fuel economy....

Hey all, just wondering how people tow a large boat or van?

do you use the sports shift and tow in 6th or 7th? or just use the auto transmission? interested in feedback on either method in gearbox issues, and fuel economy....

Mate I towed a 2ton van from rockhampton to darwin last year I towed in 5th gear sat on 95km gps tried 6 &7th but found 5th gear to be best for fuel economy +5th gear is the strongest 1 on 1ratio, got between 16.8 to 18.9lts / 100km, also because of a few extra revs the auto didn't change down gears on hills and had no issues with passing.
cheers Lyle

Latest posts

Back