The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that video shows just how terrible the standard suspension is.

Made that little hill at the start look very hard!
I don't care, i'm going to see nissan soon and find out when the second wave are due, after eveything else i've been looking at it still fits the bill perfectly for me.

Anyone heard any more?

I went into Nissan the other day and was told the second lot coming into country would be here in a couple of months and I quote "just over $60K".

Please santa can I have one in April?

Anyone heard any more?

I went into Nissan the other day and was told the second lot coming into country would be here in a couple of months and I quote "just over $60K".

Please santa can I have one in April?

Hi well i have one ordered and am sposed to get my hands on it soon, but my local dealer is still unable to give me a firm date, it's ridiculous. Nissan are not saying anything until next tuesday as that is sposed to be the official launch of them.

i would of thought they would have already sent them out to the dealers and let the people that have them on order next week, but from the looks of it i wont see mine until the following week, it's very annoying the way nissan are not giving any information out.

cheers worm.

Our dealer has told us that it will be officially release on Tue..... I would like to think that means i can rock up and pick the thing up on Tuesday but reading between the lines i'm guessing they say that to keep us hanging on a hook. I wouldnt hold my breath just yet.

I hope it will have a 2011 compliance as it will affect resell later on.

Chris

I hope it will have a 2011 compliance as it will affect resell later on.

Only in the words of somone buying it and trying to keep the price down. Most people realise that even November compliance can easily mean first registration wasn't until the following year. You can also take into account that the "official" release date is 2011 so even a few years down the track it's easily proven that it's compliance and rego were different. Besides even after 6 months there will be a heap more things that bring down cost before the year of compliance will.

Hi Guys, I have just ordered one and the dealer told me that it would probably be a few more weeks before we would see them. From the conversation I understood that they would be in short supply.

Yeah sounds like short supply is more to do with Nissan not producing them than actual demand, because even the poms are bitching about the wait and they've had the V6 for ages.

Ordered one yesterday. Was told to expect delivery by the end of July. Btw: I'm from Belgium, so LHD model. I'm wondering if all navara's are made in Portugal?

Welcome to the forums, and no all ST-X's (except the King Cab) along with the Pathy's are made in Spain while the rest are Thailand apparently.

Latest info from dealer is boat will dock on the 20th Feb.
Delivery about 5 days later.

5 Days from dock to delivery? sheesh it took them 11 to get mine that far. Apart from anything putting a day time frame on it bullshit, dealers have no idea which containers and ships get checked and held up in customs and even Nissan can be stopped by a customs check of more than a few days. Still I wish you luck getting it that quick.

The vehicle has to have compliance plates put on, and other modifications for the Australian environment. That includes removing the climate control and putting shitty normal aircon in it, taking out the really nice in-dash stereo and putting a cheap piece of junk in it among other modifications "for our environment".

You'll note that those items removed from the vehicle are available to you, to be installed in your vehicle as after-sale genuine Nissan accessories, for a "reasonable" price. The Climate Control unit is only $17,000, so make sure line up for that one.

Okay which one of you guys called me "cynical" ?

I am just as cynical but I'd question whether or not they actually make it to this country with the climate control in place, given that it would mean that Nissan factories would currently have one climate control unit for every D40 sold and no one to buy them. I wouldn't be suprised to see all the wiring there (in fact I'm sure it is) but I'm sure if these units were even put in they'd have been removed once they were on the line marked "stralya". Although it's a moot point anyway because the current ST-X comes with climate control.

When my old man used to work for Holden they used to have to install just about everything except the wheels in pre-delivery but one drive past any storage yard (like the one down on North Rd) and it's easy too see why there is so many post delivery problems with all the cars just sitting there waiting for delivery straight off the boat.

You might be surprised about the wiring Krafty, in the past the logic was a single wiring look was simpler to install, reduced mistakes and cost less overall. Nowadays they seem to work on the "Wire costs money" approach. I would be surprised if the wiring was there for options not fitted in Australia.

As for 5 days between the ship docking and delivery, I am afraid to say that I would consider that to be miraculous, more like 5 days to get the car off the boat, through customs and plated and then dealer pre-delivery time on top of that. And 5 days to get it from the ship to a truck only if things go well.

All I know is there is about half a dozen extra plugs in different locations behind my dash that I'm not using and the climate control only needs one of them, (and I'm fairly sure I know which one) so they obviously didn't care about wire costing money when they made mine, but I can't see mine being different to every other 09 that came ashore.

Latest info from dealer is boat will dock on the 20th Feb.
Delivery about 5 days later.

well I hope this is wrong, i'm expecting mine next week if not i'll be extremely p@#$ed off. I was originally told it would be here last month when i ordered it and ever since it been getting further and further back. I afraid to say it's very piss poor on nissan's part..

Sorry for my little rant, maybe i should of put this in the have a rant thread :)

I know all your guys waiting for the V6 are getting ansty but it's nothing new for most manufacturers, in 09 when I ordered mine there was no new D40s' in car yards east of Melbourne, the only demos where upwards of 18 months old and there was no choice but to wait. Even when I signed the paperwork I didn't have a firm choice of colours because there was only 3 swappable units on the boat and the wait for the colour of my choice if it wasn't one on the boat was going to be upwards of 12 weeks. Considering the waiting time the Europeans are putting in I'd be thankful to get any V6 off the boat and on the road within 8 weeks of the official release date.

Ah well, I guess with my current D40 is depreciating at around $500.00 a month, and I have a confirmed trade-it price, the longer it takes to get here the more money it costs them and the more more money I save to spend accessiories. That's my illogical logic. You would think they would get the colour spread close having sold a lot of Navs so they should know sales percentages by colour. After all, with the V6, there are only three colours to choose from.

Doug:wash_truck:

Latest posts

Back