The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a signed order for a V6 since November 2010. The dealer (who is a good mate) has just told me that they haven't even allocated him a car.
He is very pissed off and trying to sort something out. When I asked about the delivery date, he just said that anything Nissan tell you is BS. The original (2006) D40's arrived 5 months after they were supposed to.
If a VW Amarok is available before the V6 D40 arrives, I'm going for that.
The dealer is cool with it, as he wants a V6 for himself.

I spoke with the nissan mob in Morooka last week although he didn't have any dates either he told me that he expected to see them around 1st/2nd week of Feb, he also told me that he had 1 white one that will be available.
Cheers

I spoke to the dealer last Wed. I was told the vehicle I was allocated was at the dock waiting to go through customs.

Actually it was a sales manager from the Mazda Dept. that dropped that one cause my salesman in Nissan was away on Annual Leave. :)

Chris

Just went down to my local dealer he received info yesterday and gave me a copy of the one which has been allocated to me (Vin No etc..): Shipped 02/01/2011, ETA Vessel 27/02/2011 then to compound then onto truck then delivery so proberly see it about mid march.

Hunter, where are you located?

Rockhampton QLD: Dealer said it would proberly take about 3wks from compound so around mid march hopefuly, here is the link to the ships schedule http://www.hoegh.com/autoliners/schedule/
pull down vessel tab and click on HÖEGH SHANGHAI this may ease the pain of waiting for info from dealers although i don't believe it is the dealers fault more so NISSAN for not keeping the dealer up to date as this ship has been on water for a month. Here's another link http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=258758000
Cheers

Last edited:
Well done Hunter. Information is fantatastic I can check daily and see where my vehicle is at.
You are right it is Nissan's fault not to keep dealers up to date with what is happening. My Dealer has said I am in the first lot but has not supplied me with the detailed info you have. I will chase him up tomorrow.
Mid March is cutting it fine as we pick up our new caravan early in april and need a bit of running in before that.

Well done Hunter. Information is fantatastic I can check daily and see where my vehicle is at.
You are right it is Nissan's fault not to keep dealers up to date with what is happening. My Dealer has said I am in the first lot but has not supplied me with the detailed info you have. I will chase him up tomorrow.
Mid March is cutting it fine as we pick up our new caravan early in april and need a bit of running in before that.

Hi ekka where are you located? mate what size van are you getting? I have a 17.6 coromal seka xc offroad poptop around 2t hoping to do a trip to darwin in june/july school holidays for a month subject to weather & other, mid march will give me a bit of time to sort the nav out and buy a few extras - dual battery, seat covers & sandgrabber floor mats and proberly ebay in dash gps something like this
NISSAN PATHFINDER PATROL X-TRAIL NAVARA GPS NAVIGATIONL (eBay item 250763196995 end time 24-Feb-11 21:28:46 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats or
Nissan DTV GPS XTrail/Navara/Patrol/PFinderDualisTiida (eBay item 250767937156 end time 06-Feb-11 13:00:20 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
to start with, I will see how the suspension goes might try a set of IRONMAN-LOAD-PLUS-HELPER-SPRINGS before I do a upgrade, I want to try and keep everything close to stock as possible incase any warranty issues arise. anyway wait till I get the car first.
hunter

I've put those IronMan Load-Plus helper springs on our Navara, and they help. They do make it hit hard if you come down quickly, like as the rear wheels come over a speed hump. Our 1.8T van (see my garage) sits nicely and doesn't make the suspension sit as low, although I could crank them up a little harder.

I do not recommend leaving them on in a "minimal" setting. If you're going to wind them down, take them off - you can try it and see why I say it. They clatter and bang all the time.

Located at Maitland in the Hunter Valley, NSW.
Van is a 20' Concept Ascot S9 with X Pack. X Pack comes with with 6" rails, chequer plate front and bottom of sides, 15" wheels and shockies. Will weigh around 2.5T when loaded. If I can stop SWMBO from filling every cupboard.
A few shakedown runs and then off for 4 weeks, destination is Hervey Bay and 1770, around September and slowly work our way home.
Still in planning stages as too many places we want to see.

I've put those IronMan Load-Plus helper springs on our Navara, and they help. They do make it hit hard if you come down quickly, like as the rear wheels come over a speed hump. Our 1.8T van (see my garage) sits nicely and doesn't make the suspension sit as low, although I could crank them up a little harder.

I do not recommend leaving them on in a "minimal" setting. If you're going to wind them down, take them off - you can try it and see why I say it. They clatter and bang all the time.

Thanks mate for the tip, I gather the nav would sag a bit if you didn't have them on when towing? How far do you wind them down 40/50 mm & what's minimal?

Ekka's just around the corner, will have to come with us to Telegherry on a shakedown one weekend!

It does sag, sadly, because the suspension leaves don't lie curved, they lie flat, so loading it up even a small amount causes them to invert. "Minimal" is with the two nuts JUST on.

I've got them wound down so that there's 108mm from the top of the helper spring the 'U' passes around down to the outside edge of the flat plate that is under the factory leaf. Pic is below, taken with my Canon EOS (4752x3168) resized to 640x426.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0112-resized.jpg
    IMG_0112-resized.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 274
Hi Old.Tony
Would try to take you up on that if I knew where Telegherry is. Found a road by that name up near Dungog.
Also have seen another type of helper spring advertised, but a lot pricier

Aussie SuperSprings

Will be chasing info on all these type of things in the future.

Telegherry is a camping area in the Chichester State Forest north of Dungog. Bloody lovely place to go. The roads in the forest have improved recently with the return of the logging trucks.

If you really want an easy place to go to just to check out how things work, try McNamara Park at Broke. Sealed roads all the way, just take care at dawn/dusk because the stretch of road between the Golden Highway and the Broke township has more kangaroos than an outback BBQ.

We often go there if we're trying something new. Nice easy drive, toilets and town water available in the park, although you can't hook the van up to them. Telegherry is cooler, but a slightly more difficult drive through dirt/gravel roads.

The thing with these Navara's is ... yes they do have the power and except for mine it seems, are pretty good on the juice. But as far as build quality goes and the toughness for Australian conditions.....they are absolute rubbish!!!!!! Hope that this new model Nissan put a bit more pride into their work and man up about the product they are selling and back it up with a little more help from the warantee department!

Located at Maitland in the Hunter Valley, NSW.
Van is a 20' Concept Ascot S9 with X Pack. X Pack comes with with 6" rails, chequer plate front and bottom of sides, 15" wheels and shockies. Will weigh around 2.5T when loaded. If I can stop SWMBO from filling every cupboard.
A few shakedown runs and then off for 4 weeks, destination is Hervey Bay and 1770, around September and slowly work our way home.
Still in planning stages as too many places we want to see.

Are you buying the D40 from Maitland city motor group ?

Be prepared to deal with the biggest Beep beep ever, the service manager.

My Nav has a dint in the passenger door from them and a few other stuff ups on there part.

The thing with these Navara's is ... yes they do have the power and except for mine it seems, are pretty good on the juice. But as far as build quality goes and the toughness for Australian conditions.....they are absolute rubbish!!!!!! Hope that this new model Nissan put a bit more pride into their work and man up about the product they are selling and back it up with a little more help from the warantee department!

I wouldn't buy a D40, I have been saying for ages what you are saying.

Are you buying the D40 from Maitland city motor group ?

Be prepared to deal with the biggest Beep beep ever, the service manager.

My Nav has a dint in the passenger door from them and a few other stuff ups on there part.

Hi Dave,
Yes getting it from them. I think all dealer workshops are the same. I had problems with local ford dealer damaging new mag wheel. Luckily I spied damage about 10 minutes later, went straight back, they denied it. Persisted and they finally owned up and replaced wheel. Have never been back there.
Is the service manager new or part of the old maitland nissan team?

I wouldn't buy a D40, I have been saying for ages what you are saying.

Well in actual fact Mr Forgetful (or is that Mr I only remember what I want to :big_smile:) there was a time when you suggested that if a business venture went ahead with a mate you would consider a D40 of some flavour, it might have only been a one off throw away comment but you did say it :ha:

Latest posts

Back