The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Old.Tony
Would try to take you up on that if I knew where Telegherry is. Found a road by that name up near Dungog.

We've got a weekend clear and we want to just go away and relax away from everything, which means Telegherry it will be - no phone service in the valley, so we can truly escape.

We'll be leaving Newcastle at around 4pm Friday 18th Feb and will head up through Raymond Terrace, Seaham, Clarencetown and into Dungog, then up into the forest.

I don't like the road from Maitland through Hinton into Clarencetown, but if you went through Paterson & Wallarobba along Dungog Rd then turned left you'd have an easy drive.

We'll be arriving in Dungog some time around 5:30pm if traffic permits. It should take another 30-45 minutes at the most to get to Telegherry.

If you are running late or coming Saturday, head along the road towards Chichester Dam and when you see Wangat Trig road going straight ahead with the road curving off to the left, take the dirt road. Follow this past the Chichester Cabins. You'll come to Skimmings Gap Rd which is a right turn heading up a rise, go past this and take the next right, which heads downhill. You'll immediately go past the logging museum (it's just a few pieces of logging equipment rusting away). Follow the road all the way and cross a ford, then enter the small narrow path on the right just over the ford. That's where we'll be.

Hi Dave,
Yes getting it from them. I think all dealer workshops are the same. I had problems with local ford dealer damaging new mag wheel. Luckily I spied damage about 10 minutes later, went straight back, they denied it. Persisted and they finally owned up and replaced wheel. Have never been back there.
Is the service manager new or part of the old maitland nissan team?

As far as I know he is still there, he has been there for years.

Next Nissan I buy will be from Sutton's in Singleton or Klosters or Cessnock Nissan.

Well in actual fact Mr Forgetful (or is that Mr I only remember what I want to :big_smile:) there was a time when you suggested that if a business venture went ahead with a mate you would consider a D40 of some flavour, it might have only been a one off throw away comment but you did say it :ha:

Changed my mind about the 40. Id go a D-Max space cab instead.

Dave there is no embarrassment in admitting you would have a D40, we are all friends here we wont laugh at you. :ha:

I'd never go a Spacecab but I did seriously consider the LSU when I brought mine but with a price difference of about $2K I went for the Nav instead. I don't have a problem with the D-Max's infact I actually like them, what I don't like is the local dealer and I'd have to travel 140ks to get a better one.

When it comes to servicing a new car, Id use a independant next time.

Stuff the dealers.

I wasn't worried about servicing because as long as it's a diesel my servicing is done for nix, I was more worried about any recalls or warranties that may need doing and they fact that Suzie dealers pretty much write their own price and don't like handling other dealers warranties, well atleast that's the case down here.

If only car dealers were as good of a service agent as I am. 3pm and I'm off to set up a network back up for a client, (mainly because the boss isn't in the office after 3pm but I wont mention that) :smile:

Not a very big one, the data back up is only about 12 gig which is only company authored data (payrolls policies etc) this one doesn't even back up email because it has no need. This one is only a relatively small job but it's worth a few hundred bucks for the 90mins it took me to do the job so it's all good. Job is done and everything is now automated so can jsut sit back and relax.

Not really, I had or probably still have an ad for webpages here because I actually like doing that better but I don't really need the work. If people come to me I'll build what they want but I don't do shipping and don't want the hassle of warranting machines that are too far from home. I'll do pc's for people anywhere under the right circumstances but not as a general rule.

Ah righto, just thought the extra cash would get you that kitted out D22 sooner that you want.

With one stupid client who plugs a modem into a cat 5 plug and expects the internet to work, has a video problem because the leads aren't plugged in properly, employs cablers who can't wire up cat 5 plugs then asks me to re-wire trust me I don't need the extra cash, especially since they are nearly giving away D22's these days.

I've sold a few computers interstate but I only sell them to people I know can either follow orders over the phone or can do their own fault finding, it's bad enough going to a call out and finding it's just loose leads without having someone in QLD tell me they have checked everything and followed my questions only to find when it gets back to me it works out of the box. I'll deal with clients world wide for web stuff but face to face is the only way I'll deal with clients on a retail basis unless they meet my requirements.

saw a semi today towing those trailers full of cars and guess what i saw on the back?

it was a d40... but with different stylings?

on the d40's now, on the tailgate, you have that black plastic section near the middle top with the nissan logo.

on this d40 it was a completely blank tailgate except for the small nissan badge dead centre of it, no other tags/badges on it.

looks like the new v6 is here?

more info

howdy all just thought i'd post this info up for those interested, i was emailed this a few days ago regarding the d40 stx 550 i have on order.

Nissan this morning have released the arrival date of your vehicle into Melbourne ( Highlighted in black ) as below. It will then take approx 7-10 working days to arrive at our dealership.

DEALER ORDER Customer Name
Status... 60 ON WATER
Model.... NAVARAD4XA4 SR NAVARA D/C AUTO 7A-F ST-X 550 MY11
Col/Trim. GN0 K MIDNIGHT BLACK GREY Value Card

Dom VIN.. Forward Order... Yes
Order Type........ 2 STOCK Customer Ordered
Date Ordered...... 19/10/2010 Date Retailed...
Delivery Month.... Mar 2011 Prodn Month..... Dec 2010 Wk 3 CONFIRMED
Delivering Dealer.
Delivery Instructions...
Comments................
Swap Stock.......

Vessel.... 1F74 HOEGH SHANGHAI Voyage.. 1 Port MEL
Shipped... 02/01/2011 ETA Vessel........ 23/02/2011 Pref Rel
Landed.... Into Compound..... Fit Completed NO
Comp plate Docket Printed.... Left
Ex Bond... At Dealer.........

According to the ships iternary, frematle is the first port of call on the 17'th then melbourne and so on up the coast. Still about 3 weeks away from delivery to me i'm afraid.

cheers all....

saw a semi today towing those trailers full of cars and guess what i saw on the back?

it was a d40... but with different stylings?

on the d40's now, on the tailgate, you have that black plastic section near the middle top with the nissan logo.

on this d40 it was a completely blank tailgate except for the small nissan badge dead centre of it, no other tags/badges on it.

looks like the new v6 is here?

Sounds like the D22 sorry mate.

I just went to nissan trying coerce a better trade in, salesman said off the record, expect late March, early April. If I put a deposit down now expect to wait until june. :sheep::beerglass:

Well the ships due to hit port in Freemantle on Wednesday so hopefuly we will get reviews within the next couple of weeks, if there's anyone on here that's got a order on one from there?
Cheers hunter

Dealer confirmed today vehicle is on Hoegh Shanghai.
Docks at Port Kembla on 23rd.
Ready for pickup 7 to 10 days after that.

I had a drive of one of these this week at Highway Nissan Springwood. They have a white one as a demo car. Loved it so much i bought one. Moorooka Nissan has a silver one that should be at it new owners house buy now (was in pre-delivery when i saw it) and black one that was for sale. I ordered a silver one so i have to wait until the boat arrives in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back