thing to looks out for when buying a navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay

Reaction score
Hi. Im loking at buying a single cab navara, 2004 model with 107,000 km on the clock. What are the crucial things i should look out for when i go to look at it?

A service record that shows regular oil and filter changes, it's mostly what I went by, also mines an 03 with hardly a mark on it, ie; it just drives and looks like it's never been abused, sorry I can't be more specific, I've only had it 3 months.

As above, oil changes, a proper service history is a must. Some off road use would not bother me as long as its got a proper service history.

Alot of the ones I have looked at have shagged suspension (not really a deal breaker but still costs $$ to fix) some have been abused off road with things like massive scrapes in parts of the chassis rails and lower A arms ect, often I spent more time looking under the car then looking around and in the cab, also heard people advise pulling the hose the connects to the air filter off the front of the turbo and looking for damage or checking the turbine for lateral movement or something?

don't forget to check for stolen status, finance owing or written off status on the personal property register (cheap only like $3.70)

i'm going to go look at it tomorrow. hopefully all goes well and i will be the pround owner of a navara 4x4. sick of my 4x2 haha :p

they are good trucks mate, the 3.0L is a bit different to drive than the 2.5L which is a pretty revvy engine whereas the 3.0L just feels like it has more balls both good engines though.

well it looks like i will be the proud owner of it on sunday.
I got it for $14 750 with 109 000 km and full service history. Owned by an old couple. I think its a good price. What do you guys think?

well it looks like i will be the proud owner of it on sunday.
I got it for $14 750 with 109 000 km and full service history. Owned by an old couple. I think its a good price. What do you guys think?

Sounds a good deal, congrats, who knows it may even serve you better than a new one, sometimes new one's are plagued with problems. It's all a bit of a gamble really but you've taken all the steps to have a fair bet on a healthy one.

Latest posts

Back