tigerz 11 snorkel installed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at it I don't think it will suit my 08 d22. Comes in about half way down the guard. The hole for it to come through in mine is at the front more.
Probably could make it fit will have to have a better look when I have more time

Mate the go into the guard and the. Along a bit further in different pipeing through the inner guard

as stated just before, there is an adaptor pipe that runs on the inside of the guard then into the engine bay.

IMG_1521.jpg

you can see the pipe in that photo, it has been modified and cut down to suit my ute because i have an 80 series air box in it, the the normal one runs all the way down and has a 90 kick into the engine bay.

I think most on here have found the supplied template doesnt line up particularly well. I just used it it get a rough idea of main snorkel hole then drilled roughly 10-15mm oversize so I had a bit of play to fit the snorkel where I thought was the perfect fit.

Then marked and drilled the bolt holes that hold the snorkel to body.

You have to remove rubber seal on A pillar to mount bracket then slit rubber around mounted bracket.

Have to drill and shape a hole to fit side indicator. Rerun cabling before mounting snorkel or you may not have the length to reach new hole.

Remove prefilter if you have one and recover the sensor and remount in bypass piece, handle with care. Unbolting air filter box helps here.

Thats about it other than clamping it all together under the guard, which is probably the most awkward part I found. Also try not to damage clips holding inner guard on, they come off pretty easy once you figure it out.

DSC_0052.jpg

Last edited:
finished installing my snorkel yesterday arvo, was a bit of a pain but came up pretty good i reckon. worst instructions ever but! i'll do a bit of a write up on it later if anyone wants to see how i did it.

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

Hey gents,

Any chance of a bit of a write up on install, the info provided is helpful but when i recieved my snorkel i have no instructions what so ever, so all info would be appreciated, especially on the bracket that sit in the windscreen seal, i have no idea what it fastens too or how to fasten it.

Cheers Steve

BTW Baitfish....nice tray.

I fitted 1of these snorkels yesterday and it was the biggest c&$t of a job ever! The pipe that runs on the inside of the guard kept coming off I ended up with more sealant on my hands then the bloody joints! And if anyone is going to install them the main tool you will need is a ratchet spanner! Would be still going if I didn't borrow 1 from my neighbour!

Guys with 2010 onwards beware. I have had to change the second battery to a smaller one to fit this snorkel kit. All works and is all good, but all up it cost me as much a genuine one. Mainly cause of the new battery (same power, half the size) and I didn't do it myself.

Some other info: tigerz11 is now "4wd superstore" major shareholders in the business are the Aussie 4wd magazine and the guy who started roo systems.

Guys with 2010 onwards beware. I have had to change the second battery to a smaller one to fit this snorkel kit. All works and is all good, but all up it cost me as much a genuine one. Mainly cause of the new battery (same power, half the size) and I didn't do it myself.

Some other info: tigerz11 is now "4wd superstore" major shareholders in the business are the Aussie 4wd magazine and the guy who started roo systems.

4wd action is the magazine I mean

Drain hole???

I recently installed mine with zero to no instructions provided and with minimal in snorkel. With this in mind, one of the pieces i pulled out appeared to have a water drainage hole, the snorkel which i assume is this tigerz brand that u guys are talking about, appear to have no drainage holes at all. What will happen in a heavy rain? Any info reguarding weather i should drill a small drainage hole or not to worry would be much appreciated!!

i looked at this too mate, couldn't find a drainage hole anywhere. i didn't add one either, just left it as is. I've driven through a bit of rain since the install and haven't had any water in the air box that i noticed. The air ram looks like its a copy of the other big brands that force the water to the outside of the air ram then lets it drip down the outside.????

Something like this I'm guessing they tried to put in the design?

http://www.4x4connection.com/tech/snorkeltech.htm

Sorry for the thread did guys.. I'm looking at getting a ebay snorkel and was wondering how much does the snorkel cover the stock Indicator hole?

Latest posts

Back