TIGERZ11 Grande 12,000 lb - unsure of what this does?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
The title and pics pretty much explain it all - I have no idea what this bit does/is for?

Attachments

• image-2492269713.jpg
    image-2492269713.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 101
  • image-3605955894.jpg
    image-3605955894.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 147
Dont you put that on the drum end of the cable to prevent it melting or so you know when your running out of line?

Looks like a protective cover for something .
My winch came already wound and I havent even unwound it yet lol.
I have seen a few vids where people insulate the drum to stop melting of the Dyneema .

Looks like a protective cover for something .
My winch came already wound and I havent even unwound it yet lol.
I have seen a few vids where people insulate the drum to stop melting of the Dyneema .

i haven't unwound my winch yet either, and my first thought was an insulator for the drum end of the cable, i'll have a look at it tomorrow once i've got the electrics hooked up and can run the winch to wind it back in.

Looks to me like.s protective cover. I've seen it at both ends of winch. Drum end for heat insulation and hook end to stop stuff rubbing through.

yeah, it won't fit over the spliced loop at the hook end, so i can only assume that if it's meant to be on the rope, then i need to unspool and disconnect and thread it on the drum end. oh well, i'll know more tomorrow.

keep the ideas coming!

So I unwound the entire drum of cable and there was another identical piece of protective sleeve right up against the drum, so I pulled the rope off and slid the yellow one on and right up to the hook end. Put it all back together and she's as good as gold.

Thanks all!

Just watch it when spooling in under load - they tend to bunch up and get a bit messy on the drum.

I haven't put mine on yet, but a mate just held onto it and kept it from bunching up - but ourd40 seems to have a good tip.

Latest posts

Back