Time for a Ute!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncySpam

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Have been driving 4wd Wagons for years, but now I've bought SWMBO her own new car, I figured it's time to finally get (away with getting) the ute I've wanted for years!

The Nav D40 ST-X Di Manual is the pick of the current bunch (in most aspects of performance its similar/same as the Triton imho, but costs a little less, holds resale better and looks better!) and I'm glad to see car safety levels appearing (finally!)

So yeah, should pick mine up next week. At this stage it will be coming with:
ARB deluxe bar
ARB rear step/tow bar
FlexiSport Canopy
BFG AT KO's 265/65R17
Nissan Snorkel

Will get tints done once I pick it up (not happy with the last tint done by the dealer!) and a suspension lift (cause the dealer wont do it!)

From my 'Troll ('07 GU V CRD) I will be taking the lights and UHF, and will fit them when I get time. Also have a set of drawers which will go in the tray... hopefully without modifications!

This is kind of a return to the Navara for me, as my last vehicle before the 'Troll was an R51 Pathfinder (I got the first delivered to eastern aus back in '05) which gave me a few problems, but overall was a good vehicle.

The first big trip for this one will be across the Simpson, then down through the Flinders. Hopefully will do that June/July next year. Other than that it will be small stuff around Canberra and Southern NSW for the next while.

Anyhoo... enough of my ramblings! Hi to y'all!

will be starting/posting in old threads about in-dash sat nav and suspension lifts once I pick the truck up and need to work out what to do about those items... but otherwise, look forward to seeing y'all on the tracks! :cheers!:

PS - Happy to hear of any comments people have about the mods I'm doing - the canopy and bar work especially!

Welcome to the forums, nice choice of ute!

I'd comment on the canopy but I'm biased towards my own which isn't the same so I wont bother.

Tinting is always worth getting done after market, chances are they use the same local tinting place you will but the price is usually better after market. The lift I don't think I'd trust to Nissan either and the Sat-nav is the same, however there is heaps of info here on those items so you should be right for info.

Welcome to the Forum Uncyspam

many wise words can be found here, and the search tool is pretty good too.

Welcome uncyspam, sounds like you've made the right choice. I reckon the Tritons look like Cinderellas Pumpkin carriage, only worse.

Canopy choice has already changed... discovered that the load limit on the FlexiSport is a paltry 25kg! Now switching to the Flexi Premier with the dedicated racks... that gives me somewhere to put the rooftop tent!

Checked with the dealer, they have the colour I want in stock, so hopefully I should be picking this up in a few days... accessories will probably get installed as they arrive or once I go in for the 1000k service...

Picked up my Nav today.

Ended up getting Mickey Thompson ATZ 5 Ribs (245/70/17) as the BFG's weren't available and I needed to pick it up by today. No bar work or snorkel on it yet, that will come in a few weeks.

Decided against getting a canopy at this stage, SWMBO is still tossing around the idea of getting a Tray Camper, so that would mean that the Canopy would be tossed away, so waste of money. Hopefully she makes a decision soon so I can do something :D

Won't be hitting the tracks for a while yet... at least not until I get the bar work and suspension done. Will be ordering a sat-nav for it ASAP as its a shit to reverse without the camera... gotten used to that :D

I just installed a reverse camera on saturday - down at tow bar level ... not sure if that was a wise thing to do (looking straight back) as i cant judge distance until U hit something.

I guess if i installed the camera up high and faced it down somewhat, then i'd get more of a birds eye view and can 'see' the gap until i hit things (or prefer to stop before i hit something)

You can get cameras that mount in the keyhole of the tailgate but they aren't the average run of the mill ebay ones with cost about $10 and work more than adequate for the time you actually use it.

I'm fairly sure a number of the UK drivers have done the keyhole camera idea but you do have to take into account that the locking mechanism of the tailgate latch is greasy and directly behind the keyhole so fitting could be a bit of a pain. Depending on the depth of any camera fitted there you may also hamper doing a central locking tailgate mod if you ever chose to go down that path.

I'm happy with my camera in the rear canopy window, I just wish I was as happy with the idea of having the camera, for me it's more of a hindrance that a help.

Latest posts

Back