timing chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thers is a major problem with the timing chain tensioner backing off allowing chain to come loose and eventually shearing teeth of the cogs which the chain runs on and the chain also snapping and causing the engine to seize.How do i know this fact? It has just happened with my 07 D40 deisel which has only done 89000 and 11 weeks out of warranty,i'm currently waiting to hear from nissan to see what they are going to do seeing that i took it to them complaining of a noise to which they replied"Its normal engine noise and nothing to be concerned about"That was at 70000 klms now i'm with out vehicle and possibly up shit creek even though i have full service history in tack,so get your timing chain tensioners and timing chain checked for gods sake so your not in the shit i'm in.

Good news gentlemen,Nissan have come to the party about my snapped timing chain and are supplying and fitting a complete brand new engine straight from the crate with no arguments or questions asked. All i did was supply nessasary paperwork and then i recieved a phone call from my local Nissan dealer with the great news,end of this week or start of following week they said i would have the boy back.I'm so excited

thanks navarian i'm rapt with the outcome because of all the horror stories i've heard out there and it must show that there is a serious problem with the chain tensioner and timing chain for them to cover it under warranty without a shit fight

d22

I got a D22 and had the timing chain replaced at 33K due to the tensioner being loose and now a few months later they have found the vacuum pump bearings to be shot. All done under warranty but. I only had the issue with the vacuum pump after the chain and tensioner was replaced(high whine from the engine). Hope it is all good!!

Latest posts

Back