Toowoomba Floods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuits

Ginger Ninja.
Reaction score
Went for a drive today to buy dog food and visit medicare for me baby bonus.

Lucky i wen t when i did, 2 people were killed where i filmed this first one, 30 minutes after i filmed it.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZoOT9jH_6M[/YT]

then 15 minutes later, same set of lights

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrErcbCNH6A[/YT]

Time to leave town me thinks, then on the way home. every low lying area was like this.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqj6l2XKLJM[/YT]

If the VW Golf can make it then so can the D40 (i hoped, lol)

That really puts things in perspective.
Wish you well with the floods.
Property can be replaced, no matter the inconvenience. Lives cant. Be safe.

another reason everyone should drive 4wds. Yeah so saw it on the news tonight, never seen anything like it... huge wall of water, must of been a creek that burst or something?

The problem with Toowoomba as i see it is. It is a City built atop a large hill (Great Dividing Range), surrounded by other hills, the city itself is in a gully all roads leading into toowoomba are downhill. All the storm water drains and creeks from the surrounding hills all dump into East Creek and West Creek, as we know water flows down hill, both these creek flow through the middle of town and then down the range. When you get 150mm like we just did, that water only has one place to go. Straight through the middle of town. If you saw the news footage of the Blue 4x4 Wagon being thrown downstream like a cork you get a greater understanding.

Water is like Fire, it does not discriminate. If you get in it's way you will pay the toll

The footage with the vehicle getting tossed was that in town or on the outskirts, I have family up there that I have not spoken to today. Might go make a phone call!

Scary stuff, I kept thinking to myself, how the hell does Toowoomba, on top of a plateau bloody well flood? You explained it quite well Biccies.

I remember going to see clients in Kitchener St a few months ago and that creek that runs down through the park etc was bone dry, as was the pond/lagoon type thingy. Amazing how it changes.

Last edited:
The footage with the vehicle getting tossed was that in town or on the outskirts, I have family up there that I have not spoken to today. Might go make a phone call!

That was in town. The TV has been issuing evacuation orders for all low lying outskirts of Toowoomba as we are about to be punished again. Kinda glad i'm on a hill.

As for being in Perth, i'm a ginger and as such am not very sun proof. Water i can do, sunburn not so well.

Got most of my valuables in plastic tubs ready to throw in the nav. I'm now convinced to buy a canopy. If ARB haven't been washed away i'll give em a call.

Heard about this on the news this morning and they are saying it's still raining up there and will keep going for atleast part of the day. I haven't been to Toowoomba in years but and the footage we are seeing on tv is hard to believe but I'm sure the pics we've seen still don't show as much as those who are there saw.

Biscuits, Mate hope you guys are safe. I'm in beaudesert and if you need a place to crash give me a buzz.

Shows how mother nature really fights back. I have 2 kids at Rathdowney atm with their father. Haven't heard a thing so hope they are safe.

Thanks guys and gals. At the moment we are safe and yes it is still raining with thunder and lightning to go with it. doesn't look like letting up either.

We are on one of the hills so should be ok for the most part. But there are a lot of people that won't be.

As of this morning, 8 dead, 72 missing.

Last edited:
I hear you are sending the bad weather our way, I surely don't want floods and stuff but I'm happy to take some of the rain to make it a bit easier on you guys.

It's been raining non stop here. Nothing like out west or up north. Roads are flooded and heaps of accidents. A lady aquar planed across the road near canungra yesterday, driving too fast for the road conditions. Lucky i have the patrol, drove through 3 foot of water. No game to take the nav through it, missing the gear boot that covers the stick to the box.

Biscuits, have you got enough food and stuff to wait it out?

Back