Toowoomba Floods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom line is everyone should read their PDS and policy document when signing up for insurance. I know it sucks and I've seen first hand the mess this whole thing is, but really you can't go bagging insurance companies too much, yes they are worms, but they also spell everything out relatively clearly in their documents, if people just took the time to read the documents then there wouldn't be an issue.

Basically, we would expect that if we enter into a contract with someone, we would expect nothing more than for them to live up to their contractual arrangements, we should expect nothing more of insurance companies....

I've decided not to expect anything from my insurance company today, as of later in the week with help for my old man I'm turning into plasterer, painter, sparky, and carpenter and we are going to fix the roof ourselves. The insurance company have had since before Chrissie to do something about it and they've dropped the ball so rather than dealing with it I'm going to do it and make it better at the same time. No loss of premiums, no excess just a little effort and I'm betting the job will be done before the insurance company even bother to get back to me.

Yeah but I just can't be bothered stuffing around with it and having them stuff me around with shitty tradesmen and stuff when after a bit of shuffling of this weeks work load I can have it done within a day or so. Woody's already called me rude names (despite not seeing the problem) when I said I was going through insurance and I don't want Woody upset with me. It's not like putting the roof back up, running some cables for new power points (no roof makes it easier) and doing some mods is really that hard. I should have just done it myself in the first place but with chrissie and everything I thought insurance would be easier.

Wir3s i do agree you need to read PDS. But when they can't decide on the true definition of the term flood. Your PDS is useless.

Krafty i also understand you thinking but do agree with Scotty, if everyone just did it themselves, then we would all be paying premiums to not recieve a service. It's like giving money away. But there is only so much a person can take.

I am currently paying rent for a 3 bed 1 bath. We are living and sleping in the living room as everything we own is covered in mould. I can't claim anything on insurance until a plumber comes to check the roof for damge to see if there is a problem. Mean while we are paying for 3 rooms we can't use and have lost most of our bags, clothes, baby gear and linen. So if the plumber comes while it is not raining and says 'theres no leak' i will get nothing from insurance.

Yeah but I just can't be bothered stuffing around with it and having them stuff me around with shitty tradesmen and stuff when after a bit of shuffling of this weeks work load I can have it done within a day or so. Woody's already called me rude names (despite not seeing the problem) when I said I was going through insurance and I don't want Woody upset with me. It's not like putting the roof back up, running some cables for new power points (no roof makes it easier) and doing some mods is really that hard. I should have just done it myself in the first place but with chrissie and everything I thought insurance would be easier.

hmmm ... i dont remember calling you names about the ceiling stuff ... i might have called you names about other things though ... :sarcastic:

I just got a call from the building mob about my roof (because I haven't told them I am canceling the claim and don't plan to until they tell me what they are planning to do), they lost the inspection report their own builder did on the 23rd of December as well as the plumbers report that was done last week and now they have to discuss with the insurance company about what needs doing despite them claiming they don't have any reports.

These mongrels wanted me to pay $300 excess plus they wanted to increase my premiums but $125 a year for 3 years to cover this job and while the pros might make it a $2500 job we are going to do it for less than $300 and a bit of time so while I agree that we pay these arseholes to do such jobs and they should do it, I've taking the cheaper option this time.

Hope your insurance claim goes better than mine biscuits, also hope you sell that house in WA, although it would be nice if you kept it for me as a holiday house so I don't have to stay with the in-laws when I visit Perth.

Back