towbar newb

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namwens

Reaction score
Hi guys, just after some opinions/clarification in regards to towbars

I've got a genuine nissan towbar and shank/hitch combo at the moment. Im looking at upgrading to a hayman reese weight distribution hitch.

my question is, do i need to replace the entire towbar assembly with a haymen reese item or can i simply slap the hayman reese shank in into the nissan receiver, stick the pull pin in and away i go (provided the receiver and the shank are the same size (50x50mm) ?

cheers

I'm using exactly that hitch receiver, but my towbar (mounted to the chassis) is NOT the Nissan bar.

Up until 2010, Nissan were getting ARB bars that didn't have all the mounting bolts, and they'd only attach in the horizontal and not vertical as well. Using a weight distribution hitch on this resulted in the towbar being ripped from the chassis.

Get underneath and make sure yours is bolted both horizontally and vertically. If it is, just slap the WDH in and go for it.

You can just see the hitch in this photo, taken at Woomera on our Christmas 2010 Uluru trip (more pics in that thread but this shows the hitch the clearest).

06-WoomeraDisplays.jpg

Latest posts

Back