towing with a Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcom to the forums mate, i on occasion tow a heavy tandem and valiant charger around which all up is over 2.3t and have never had a problem, and the gas is just sweet for towing. The car is getting on with age and kays now and it does feel a touch sluggish compared to a few years ago, alternatively i wouldnt buy any 2.5 or 3l to do any towing again. Definately a big 6 or v8 is the only way.

showphoto.php

Towing weight nearly 3 ton loaded.
I have a 3" exhaust upgrade but 2.5" would be fine,I have a Steinbauer power chip.
I have no trouble towing and tow in 5th gear as it's a manual,I tow at about 100k/h.
fuel is about 16 to 18 l/100. I have 265/75/r16 and this keeps the revs under 2500rpm and there is plenty of power at this range.
I pull the boat up the ramps in low 1st till the top of the ramp then change to 2wd.
Pulling away from traffic lights up an incline is the worst part about the vehicle and next time I would opt for an auto, however if you take it easy you can get rolling without to much extra strain on the vehicle.and then the navara pulls really strong.

Cheers.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Vapour Trail # 1.jpg
    Vapour Trail # 1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
^^^ Nice boat!

I have a D40 V6 auto, tows really well. Towed a 2.7 tonne cherry picker trailer around for a few days with no problems at all. Fuel consumption is an issue, but I don't think it would matter too much whether it was the diesel or petrol when you're towing those sorts of loads, it's going to drink the stuff like mad anyway. In my comparisons, using 98RON fuel reduces fuel consumption by about 10-15%, can't notice any performance improvements.

There was a test 4wd monthly done a couple of years ago , they were comparing the patrol ute 3l diesel and the cruiser ute v8 diesel, long story short the cruiser out powered the patrol in every way and used less fuel too. While the nissan still managed to get the jobs done the cruiser done them with ease.

I still hate toyotas.

Latest posts

Back