trip for SE Qlders

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12th it is then, maybe meet at the Lions Park on Boonah-Rathdowney rd at 9:00 as suggested by Peter. Looks like we should have a few going. awesome.

Awesome! I'll pencil it in and keep a tabs on this thread, I've no idea where this lions park is though.

I think...... when you get into Boonah, chuck a right at the big roundabout and its just there on your right?

Correct me if I'm wrong guys???? There is another park to the left I think :confused:

That other park is the main visitors information park/centre. The Lions park is heading south out of Boonah. If you are coming from Brisb/Beaudesert, turn left at the big roundabout, into Boonah, drive out the other side and the park is right there.

I know its a navara run, but just wondering if its open to other makes?

Don't see why not, (opinions are welcome). I was going to ask one of the guys from work who hasn't done any 4wd work before and he has a Kia Sorrento!

Hopefully the water levels aren't too high.

Last edited:
Not much wheeling on that condamine gorge track, but nice scenery.

Tyre kick, where is that?
Are you talking about following the Condamine Rr upstream from Killarney to The Head?

Edit, woops, only read the end. Yep, that is it.

The CFO would like a report if there has been enough rai to put water over blackfella's Falls(no idea of the PC name now).
The is the one on the right just after Brosnan's before you really start to enter the gorge.

Last edited:
Yeah my mate has a rodeo and was going to ask him but thought id just check with everyone here first.

Will see you guys at Lion's park Boonah 9:00am, 12th Dec. So who else is coming??? It will be cool to meet everyone and maybe plan a harder trip for in the new year.

Cheers

Not sure if i'm working that weekend yet but would this run be alright for a total noob with no 4wd experience? I've just picked up a 2010 D22 STR with steel bullbar and snorkel but still stock suspension, wheels and tyres.

I'm keen to learn and meet some friendly faces but I don't want to end up one of those people that wreck a perfectly good 4wd due to inexperience.

No its fine mate. Was talking to the next door neighbour yesterday and they just did this run on Saturday, lots of easy creek crossings, graded road to drive on, so no rough stuff.

Its good to do the scenic runs from time to time, and then head to Scenic Rim or Glasshouse Mtns etc if you want a bit more action.

Back