turbo timer issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsteadm

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Fitted a turbo timer to my 2.5 d22 on the weekend.
All works fine however ive noticed now if i turn my key on to acc my dash lights turn on as if ive turned it to ignition. And i can operate my windows and stuff on acc. Is this normal or has something been crossed up here.
Thanks for any help.

Hey mate. Which one did you install? I vaguely seem to recall mine doing that when I first fitted it, but I don't know if the particular one I have fitted is the same as yours.

Its just a cheap one from super cheap auto. $70
There was four wires. Main power, earth, acc, ignition

Sweet lol. Same as mine. One of the little silver ones? I have an aftermarket immobiliser on mine, so all I ended up doing was putting the blue wire to the barrel side of the "on" wire and the yellow wire to the ecu side. Obviously with an immobiliser, this wire is cut anyway, but it still works fine.

The only thing is, I'm not sure if it's caused by the way it's wired up is, when you turn the ignition off it always defaults to 1min countdown. That doesn't bother me too much, because 1min is usually enough of a cooldown time to get the egts down to a reasonable level. In summer I just add an extra 30sec or 1min if the egt is up high when I park up.

Hope that helps a bit.

Yea i have an imoboliser too which only works if i lock the car once its stopped running. But wasnt sure if that had something to do with ignit coming on at acc.

Yea i have an imoboliser too which only works if i lock the car once its stopped running. But wasnt sure if that had something to do with ignit coming on at acc.
Yeah, right. I can lock mine and the immobiliser works as soon as I jump out, even with the timer running. Pretty sure that's because of the way it's wired up. If I was in melbourne I'd give you a hand sorting it out lol. Probably wouldn't hurt to change the wiring over and see how it goes.

I've got the same one, first attempt at fitting it my aircon stayed on for 60 secs, not the engine. I'd say you've wired it wrong.

Ill wire like you said when i get some time and see how it goes. Thanks for your help i appreciate it

mate ive got a timer issue aswell, hope someone can help. i bought a Apexi one of ebay $11 or some kark. ive wired it all up and checked 3 times red from the turbo timer to white and red, blue to blue and green to black with white. Now my issue is if i set the timer to eg 20 seconds and turn my car off the car stops for not even a second but enough to turn my radio off then everything back on then the timer counts down and turns off the car.

i cant seem to work out whats going on and its annoying me please help

Latest posts

Back