Turbo upgrade time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is pneumatic controlled vnt. I just fitted a dawes valve recently and I had to cut the vacuum line going into the vnt actuator. Mine is Thai built I think.

That would be awesome. I haven't exactly examined the turbo tho. But the compressor side seems to fit the stock format provided the turbo sits similar to stock position.

Mine is pneumatic controlled vnt. I just fitted a dawes valve recently and I had to cut the vacuum line going into the vnt actuator. Mine is Thai built I think.

That would be awesome. I haven't exactly examined the turbo tho. But the compressor side seems to fit the stock format provided the turbo sits similar to stock position.
Did you fit the dawses valve to increase spool time ? Or another reason?

I fitted a dawes valve just to prevent boost spikes and have the boost not fade away at about 3000rpm.

Heya I can't seem to get my hands on a compressor map of the gtb2260vk. Do you have one or know where I could get it? Thanks!

Aparantly garrett never and will not release one.... i have a map that is the one that all the euro guys agree on being the correct map or as close as it gets.give me a few mins and i dig it up

Im pretty sure thats the right map.
Does anyone know how to read the temp colour scale ? Is it just blue for say 20-50°c and red for near 200°c and you just fill in the rest?

Sorry not sure about the color. I thought the color was simply in correlation to the efficiency of the compressor in the respective flow and pressure conditions. I've never come across temperature parameters in a compressor map.

Was doing some calculations, this turbo is the perfect application for what I'm looking for. Gives 1bar boost at 2400rpm and is capable of 1.6 bar easily at 4500rpm.

If you ever want more there are a few compressor wheel options out of europe.have a look at darkside developments ... Xman turbos and skillaturbos

Awesome, was about to ask where could I get more info apart from.darkside developments. Did u get yours from the darkside?

No i was too poor to get mine from darkside at the time.found a rebuilt and rebalanced one in poland and ordered from there...in late december.....but good news its arrived today and it looks good aparantly..going to pick it up in a hour or so.

I got some....there is a but tho....alltho its a audi 3L TD turbo its not the garrett gtb its the technically weaker KKK (borg warner)BV50 its visually identical and performs the same but aparantly has a weaker main shaft...that said im still going to use it but im looking into upgrade options for it..(billet wheel and shaft upgrade)
Next to a gt2056v uploadfromtaptalk1427191107818.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427191181630.jpguploadfromtaptalk1427191253334.jpguploadfromtaptalk1427191305973.jpg
I still need to setup the vac actuator.. reclock it a bit..setup the oil feed lines and manifold adapter.

Latest posts

Back