UCA flex pics!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work with the UCA's!
Iv got a question about the legal side of things, I have been looking around hear and cant seem to find a straight answer of legality of fitting the snake racing UCA's for victoria, and considering you have actually done it you would know best! What is invloved?
Cheers mate!!

Here's a shot of my front end at full flex with the UCA's in. I've included a can of celebration juice so you have a sense of scale. Note that I also have a 2" body lift and am running 265/75/16's

All up, I have 660mm from centre of hub to guard at full flex.

Attachments

• image-3707392580.jpg
    image-3707392580.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 150
Do the UCA's give the car any lift when sitting on flat ground? I understand that they help with up/down travel and flex... But do they actually lift it at all?

I want to lift mine another inch in the front, but don't want to spend $750 on the wrong thing haha.

Cheers
Michael

Mikal52 said:
Do the UCA's give the car any lift when sitting on flat ground? I understand that they help with up/down travel and flex... But do they actually lift it at all?

I want to lift mine another inch in the front, but don't want to spend $750 on the wrong thing haha.

Cheers
Michael

Technically, no, the torsion bars give you your ride height, but with the aftermarket UCA's. You can wind the torsion bars up to give you more height. All up, with the aftermarket UCA's, you can gain an extra ~3" in height (over stock height)

Mine sits at 580mm from centre of hub to guard on flat ground - I've only got mine lifted 2"

Thanks for that.

Will the standard torsion bars be sufficient to wind up with aftermarket UCA's? I'm guessing I'll need to reindex them to get a bit more height??

I was trying to steer clear of reindexing my torsion bars if possible.

You should be that to wind up your standard torsion bars, but if you're still running the stock bars, id look at replacing them with something better, some after market HD bars or something.

Better torsion bars mean that it's likely to hold its height for a lot longer.

Goodness knows the standard suspension stuff is pretty terrible.

Nice work with the UCA's!
Iv got a question about the legal side of things, I have been looking around hear and cant seem to find a straight answer of legality of fitting the snake racing UCA's for victoria, and considering you have actually done it you would know best! What is invloved?
Cheers mate!!

100% unroadworthy without an Engineers certificate and very difficult to get one issued.

Last edited:
hey Mikal52 reindexing your torsion bars is not hard.
If you can fit your own body lift and susp lift etc like you did, it will be a piece of piss mate.
I reindexed mine and put it this way, it was easier than grinding out the stuck pin on a leaf pack;)

Alright, cheers for that.... I'll give it a go in the next few weeks then with the stock UCA's and see how it turns out.

And that stuck pin was an absolute nightmare!!!! Haha

How much angle are you getting on your cv's at full flex with the aftermarket uca's fitted? Ever popped a CV at all? I just recall reason in a few places that anything about 2" and you need to get a diff drop to stop you from damaging your cv's

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back