upside down filter pumping! wtf :dontknow:

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petes navstr

Reaction score
my nav wouldn't start today so i was playing with the fuel lines and tried pumping the filter but got no where and it did not get hard at all till i turned the diesel filter upside down then it got hard and started within few seconds, does the filter have to stay hard or does it get bit soft?? it wont prime in the normal way it will only prime and get hard if its upside down???? help :dontknow:

same thing this morning, car wont start so primed filter normal way and still wont bring fuel up so turned it upside down and within second or third pump it was hard and it started, weird, i must have a air leak i guess?

Sounds like an air leak. The only thing I could suggest is the leak is in the primer, and by turning it upside down the remaining Diesel in the filter is taking up the seal to allow you to prime it?!

Sounds like an air leak. The only thing I could suggest is the leak is in the primer, and by turning it upside down the remaining Diesel in the filter is taking up the seal to allow you to prime it?!

yeah I'll change filter and also the primer pump thing on top and see how i go, it must be leaking from underneath the filter where the tap is to drain water, so if there is a leak that causes the diesel to go back into the tank cause its not holding pressure correct anybody??

yeah you did scotty, i just cant understand the upside down bit, i have a ryco, i'm putting genuine on tommorow and the pump and see how it goes

Pete.....check your fuel lines.........I had very fine cracks in fuel lines and had trouble starting.....new fuel lines problem solved

Regards
Boris

i checked engine bay lines they look good not old or brittle, i cant get to top of tank yet cause i have a 140ltr tank and its got hardly any room to stick hands in but its getting to the point where i should drop it to look, i'm suppose to take car tommorow to fit my M/T atz's on, argh!!!

Latest posts

Back