Urgent help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the water was that high the ECU may very well have got wet, and after a while the water made it into circuit board and has shorted out.
The only way to fix that (if its farked) is replace with either a new one or a pre loved one. Personally i would go the pre loved version because of the cost.

Last edited:
I agree, water that high would definitely be a wet ecu. If you are lucky you haven't fried it and it may be OK after just drying out, if not you'll have to replace it... I'm not sure if d22s need any reprogramming or anything or if they just plug straight in and work

d22s should plug straight in I swapped my old one with my Mates for testing one day no issues at all

Checked all the ECM relays ?

Are the I'm the fuse box in the bonnet? If so yes I did and they all look fine.
I don't have access to another ecu to test.. Should I take the Eco out and look for shorts (burns on circuit board)?

Other then swapping the ECU for another im not sure how to test it, BUT maybe an auto sparky could tell you if you could use a multi meter to test power at the front side and exit while you are cranking it to check if its working properly, the other thing to test is all those relays and glow plugs.... Do they have power to them?? you could prob do those with just a test light ??

Other then swapping the ECU for another im not sure how to test it, BUT maybe an auto sparky could tell you if you could use a multi meter to test power at the front side and exit while you are cranking it to check if its working properly, the other thing to test is all those relays and glow plugs.... Do they have power to them?? you could prob do those with just a test light ??

Glow plug light on dash stays on

Glow plug light on dash stays on

which to me indicates they are not getting to temp so they prob are not getting power.
turn on ignition and put a test light on them at the head to see if the power is at least reaching them, that may then point you back down the line to the last place the power is actually getting to and allow you to isolate the relay or even the ECU???

which to me indicates they are not getting to temp so they prob are not getting power.
turn on ignition and put a test light on them at the head to see if the power is at least reaching them, that may then point you back down the line to the last place the power is actually getting to and allow you to isolate the relay or even the ECU???

Where do I located the glow plugs?

I cant remember which side they are on with the ZD30 (from memory they are on passenger side) but you will see the wires coming out of them in four spots high up across the head near the injectors, it wont hurt to have the ignition all the way on so you haves reds on the dash then start probing around with the test light.
one of the D22 owners on here should be able to put up a pic of them send admin DAVE a PM he will know for certain and prob text you a photo

Pretty sure what i'm pointing at is the rail that connects the glow plugs.You say it wont turn over even when trying to clucth start, sounds like water in the cylinders. Water won't compress stopping the engine turning over. You might have to pull the glow plugs out and try turning it over to get the water out.

Attachments

• IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 60
Im pretty sure he said in a few of the earlier posts that it IS turning over but not firing.

BUT if it isnt even turning over then YES it has HYDRAULIC LOCKED then he is in trouble

In this pic i'm pointing at the glow plug fuse thats in the engine bay fuse box beside the battery.The black box beside my other knuckle is the relay for the glow plugs but i don't know how to test it.

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 53
Im pretty sure he said in a few of the earlier posts that it IS turning over but not firing.

BUT if it isnt even turning over then YES it has HYDRAULIC LOCKED then he is in trouble

It hasn't locked... Equivalent to an unleaded no getting a spark

Ok this afternoon went back out and tried a few things. Glow plug light turned off and Engine finally turned over for a few seconds. Have narrowed it down to water in the injection module..... We think.....

your terminology is confusing me, to me when you say "turning over" its means engine is spinning but not "FIRING"???

BUT are you saying that it actually started for a few seconds??

Ok the engine is spinning (starter motor) not ceased, then it finally started for a second, then died again. Sorry I'm not very good with words

Latest posts

Back