Visible Tattoo's.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DomHogan

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Recently have had a sizable tattoo placed on my forearm. People now think that because of if, any future job opportunities will be compromised because of how visible it will be. (talking about a pe teaching job)

Anyone on here have forearm/visible tattoo's and have experienced some sort of problem such as this?

Yeap I get strange looks and questions all the time at work. "what made you want to do that?"
And I've only got 3/4s o my sleeve done on my right arm. Not even finished yet

Hey guys!

Recently have had a sizable tattoo placed on my forearm. People now think that because of if, any future job opportunities will be compromised because of how visible it will be. (talking about a pe teaching job)

Anyone on here have forearm/visible tattoo's and have experienced some sort of problem such as this?

It will be up to each school. State schools won't be a problem but Catholic and Private schools will care, particularly Jewish schools. I'm a PE teacher and I know of people that have to wear long sleeve tops to keep them covered, because during the interview they had suits on. If i was you i'd make sure it was covered for your interviews.

Religious nuts will care. Leviticus 19:28 for those that are interested. For those that aren't, do what you want - it's your body.

As for job opportunities ... it might create an issue. I wear long sleeves (suit) to any formal stuff anyway - I could have my whole arm done and nobody need know.

Be interesting to see an employer ASK about tattooing. I wonder if they'll provide a reason for their question or their negative attitude. Will they tell you WHY they're against someone with a tattoo? What will they do if you wear long sleeves, get the job because you're the best candidate and then roll up your sleeves to get the work done?

What difference does it make if you're a chef in a hot kitchen with tatts all over your ass anyway? The customers can't see them.

I think there's a social stigma regarding them - that those with tattoos are somehow misfits or highly aggressive (footballers & bikies have tatts, there's proof according to them) but anyone with a half-open mind can see that it's just another form of artwork.

That's half our problem these days. Too many people with closed minds pushing their doctrines on others. IMO it's far better to offer YOUR doctrine as an alternative and let the others decide whether to accept it or not.

Its illegal to discriminate cause of tatts & the like. You can reasonabley be required to cover up tho

Its illegal to discriminate cause of tatts & the like. You can reasonabley be required to cover up tho

It's not actually illegal to discriminate because of tattoos, there are only certain criteria which it is against the law to discriminate by and tattoos isn't one of them.

I've got tattoos and even I admit that a high end jewerly store (just an example) would find difficulties with sales as a result of employing someone with full coverage facial tattoos.

If the business can show a reasonable expectation that sales or income would be effected and it isn't practicable to cover them up then they CAN use the tattoos as a reason not to hire.

I got the ok off my boss before I got mine done he was fine with it.

I bet they are lining up at the doors with draw on tatts just so they don't have to enter the place.

Yeah but having him appear to be running into the tunnel is not the sort of tatt that will get you jobs working with kiddies.

Back