*VNOG* border track trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I now have 16 expressions of interest.
TRIP FULL

a few blokes have withdrawn, or indicated the might withdraw. Even so this goup is huge.

Guys who have posted up in the last week or so please don't be offended.:cheers!:
Scotty and Bosshog, sorry if you disagree, or are happy to travel in groups this size, but we will have to agree to disagree:cheers!:
In my view, (as posted earlier) 8 is a max size, traveling in two groups of 4 for any trip.

:idea:If so many of us have access to leave at this time, and want to get away, I suggest a second group form and run a second trip seperately. I will not be offended if one of you posts a second thread for a different trip at this time, i will not be offended if people pick the other trip. We have a great state(s) with heaps of awesome trips to go on, infact more trips than time in my view.
Its says great things for VNOG that we run a choice of trips!!!!

Just to confirm guys, i cant make this trip.

the Mrs & I are expecting our first and will be @ 8 months around the trip dates, so unfortunately i'm out. Thanks for the PM Gus, if you hadn't reminded me i may not have realised i was a placeholder.

Keen to hear a trip report once it's been & gone.

Ok I now have 16 expressions of interest.
TRIP FULL

a few blokes have withdrawn, or indicated the might withdraw. Even so this goup is huge.

Guys who have posted up in the last week or so please don't be offended.:cheers!:
Scotty and Bosshog, sorry if you disagree, or are happy to travel in groups this size, but we will have to agree to disagree:cheers!:
In my view, (as posted earlier) 8 is a max size, traveling in two groups of 4 for any trip.

:idea:If so many of us have access to leave at this time, and want to get away, I suggest a second group form and run a second trip seperately. I will not be offended if one of you posts a second thread for a different trip at this time, i will not be offended if people pick the other trip. We have a great state(s) with heaps of awesome trips to go on, infact more trips than time in my view.
Its says great things for VNOG that we run a choice of trips!!!!

I am not offended as was just offering some ideas. :big_smile: Just need clarification on whether I made the 'final eight' or not. I stress I am not fussed either way.

The first 8 expressions of interest are;
1. Heata, (confirmed)
2.Aido,( Maybe)
3.Ridgie,(confirmed)
4.BossHog,(confirmed)
5.ONLOCK, (confirmed)
6.Will, (OUT)
7.Scotty B, (confirmed)
8.DigbyJ, (Maybe)
9.MadD40, (expressed interest, last spot is yours if you want it)

10.Gaz84, (wait list)
11.Sossel.(wait list)
12.Bakes45(wait list)
13. d22dave(waitlist)

With Will being out MadD40 moves on to the trip, please post up and let us know if you want the spot. Digbyj (Marcus) is pending, but reading his last post he looks likely, and Aido is a maybe.
After the high country trip, I will post up some more details about the first meeting point etc.

Comfortably leaves 4 blokes who; have leave at the same time, who want to do a trip, and have agreed on dates! All you blokes need to do is put a pin on a map and you are away!

Im out guys, wanna get my car a bit more sorted first.
I reckon Ill look at starting the longer trips next year and just stick to the day trips for now.
Cheers.

1. Heata, (confirmed)
2.Aido,( Maybe)
3.Ridgie,(confirmed)
4.BossHog,(confirmed)
5.ONLOCK, (confirmed)
6.Will, (OUT)
7.Scotty B, (confirmed)
8.DigbyJ, ( out)
9.MadD40, (expressed interest, spot is yours if you want it)
10.Gaz84, (expressed interest, last spot is yours if you want it)

11.Sossel.(wait list)
12.Bakes45(OUT)
13. d22dave(waitlist)

I just booked a room at the “Pot of Gold” motel in Rainbow for the Sat 9th July for this trip
You can call Anne on 03 5395 1060 for reservations.
Each room has a single and double bed, its $70 per night for one person, and $80 for two people. She only does a continental breakfast.
The bakery is not open on Saturday in Rainbow, I think from memory there is an IGA in Rainbow for last minute groceries.

For those that camp at Albacutya, we can meet at Western Beach Campsite, Albacutya at 9.30 Sunday morning.

Room booked.

Pub meal on Saturday night, a few games of pool and some beers and a good night sleep before hitting the sand for a few nights............. Fark me that is a sensational agenda. Can't bloody wait.

No pressure Heata - but Doco has set the bar pretty high with his last two trips.

Looks like some spots still to be confirmed - C'MON lads - confirm up.

Last edited:
yep my room is booked aswell, looking forward to it, no pressure heath, we make the trips good, not just the tracks and camp spots, but matty definatly does know how to pick em

Bosshog, Miss Piggy and the 2 little pigs are also booked and confirmed into the Pot of Gold.

Looking forward to it.

Ridge, yup - guilty as charged. The border track is def something on my 'want to do list'.

Heath, i know your going to have a blast on this trip. i heard at my 4wd club meeting on wednesday night that the track is cut up a bit from the easter weekend, but still very passable. lots of people have been trying to do the track with full tyre pressures and BIG tyres have really cut the track up.

but with sensible driving, dropping tyre pressures as appropriate - the feedback i got was that its still a great trip to be doing atm.

Was there last (Queens Bday) weekend and can vouch for the cut-up nature of the tracks - when will people learn to drop tyre pressure :rant:? Anywho, was a good trip - went solo with missus and kids. And here's a tip (the wife drove up many of the dunes no problems, so you boys should be fine).

I don't know you blokes, or your philosophy on camping, but please don't be like the arseholes at Redbluff who decided the camp-sites weren't big enough therefore snatched a bunch of trees out. Just not necessary & will only lead to camps being shut down :rant:

Sorry, rant over. Have fun and post pics.

N

I don't know you blokes, or your philosophy on camping, but please don't be like the arseholes at Redbluff who decided the camp-sites weren't big enough therefore snatched a bunch of trees out. Just not necessary & will only lead to camps being shut down :rant:

Sorry, rant over. Have fun and post pics.

N

No worries nakedape - we generally take one of Scotty's bobcats to clear campsites.

:sarcastic::sarcastic:

Hey all,
Sincere apologies for being absent in the post department over the last…. god only knows how long. Work has been horrendous. (Bloody new Spain clothing company)
Unfortunately I will have to pull off this trip guys, and as much as it hurts to say it… have a good time.
I am so disappointed that I am unable to attend, but if there is talk of another trip up that way I don’t care how much work is on, I am GOING.

No worries Gaz.
so we now have;
1. Heata, (confirmed)
2.Aido,( Maybe)
3.Ridgie,(confirmed)
4.BossHog,(confirmed)
5.ONLOCK, (confirmed)
6.Will, (OUT)
7.Scotty B, (confirmed)
8.DigbyJ, ( out)
10.Gaz84, (out)
11.Sossel.(expressed interest, last spot is yours if you want it.)

12.Bakes45(OUT)
13. d22dave(waitlist)

Hey all,
Sincere apologies for being absent in the post department over the last…. god only knows how long. Work has been horrendous. (Bloody new Spain clothing company)
Unfortunately I will have to pull off this trip guys, and as much as it hurts to say it… have a good time.
I am so disappointed that I am unable to attend, but if there is talk of another trip up that way I don’t care how much work is on, I am GOING.

Cheers mate. Somethings can't be helped. Catch up soon.

Good to hear from you sossel.
so we now have;
1. Heata, (confirmed)
2.Aido,( Maybe)
3.Ridgie,(confirmed)
4.BossHog,(confirmed)
5.ONLOCK, (confirmed)
6.Will, (OUT)
7.Scotty B, (confirmed)
8.DigbyJ, ( out)
10.Gaz84, (out)
11.Sossel.(confirmed)

12.Bakes45(OUT)
13. d22dave(waitlist)

Latest posts

Back