VNOG Gold detecting weekend.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah right, so this isn't gold panning, I'm a bit slow but got ya now, so what you take a detector n look for nuggets that way instead? Will my beer can affect the detector? Oh ok I'll bring stubbies.

I need to emphasize that if you do want to find gold, expect a full hard day of digging holes and tripping and falling over mullock heaps and old shafts, the detectors have to be at least 50 meters apart, so don't expect to see anyone else during the day and the pinging and squealing through the earphones gives you a shocking headache.

April 8-10?
Im in I have my own wand the old MXT screamer!!
when you have sorted everything in concrete - meeting place and times. let me know Im no stranger to fossiking.

Ok guy's, On the Saturday 9th, there is only 4 detectors available. So depending on the exact numbers it looks like this is no go unless we pair up and use speakers rather than headphones.

On Sunday, all the detectors are available and if we can get a group of 8, we can hire a guide for the day at around $60.
The detector hire will be $75 for the day.

We need to decide ASAP, so some input would be great.

I would prefer to detect on Saturday and be home Sunday arvo.
I know a guy in ferntree gully that detects so i might see if i can loan one off him.
But it's a group desicion so i'll run with that.

Im easy, pairing up sounds like a good idea, or even camping and maybe hit up some tracks if theres any around there for people who arent too fussed about the whole gold detecting thing

OK, I've decided I'm going to book a detector for myself for the Saturday & 1/2 day Sunday, If anyone else want's to detect then they need to ring Coiltek 54604700, and book a machine. I am happy to pair up as my dodgy wrist still hurts so I'll probably struggle to detect a whole day.

For those that just want to come up and camp, (Friday night & Sat) I suggest someone near the area could scout out a suitable camp spot to fit us all in.(volunteer). If you haven't been to Maryborough it's not a bad place to check out with some impressive buildings that shows just how much wealth came out of the ground in that area.

There is not much low range action around Maryborough but for those that want to go off for a play, Avoca is not far away.

Sounds good, went to avoca not too long ago and I suggest tjat anyone that wants to go for a wheel out there bring a chainsaw. Theres was heaps of trees down

POSTPONED....

Due to work commitments, this weekend will have to be postponed.

Mate that sucks! For anyone who still wants to get out this weekend though, Kyle and I are heading down to the Otways for a day trip on Sat. Muddies are a must!

Mate that sucks! For anyone who still wants to get out this weekend though, Kyle and I are heading down to the Otways for a day trip on Sat. Muddies are a must!

Sure does, Techy's do the work, the Researches take all the glory.:sarcastic:

Back