"VNOG High Plains 12th-14th March" ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good to me - got all that. Plus a slab of cans for anyone who needs to use their winch to get me out of a life threatening situation.

I have a hi-lift & long shovel.
I will have a drag chain by then also.

Sounds good to me - got all that. Plus a slab of cans for anyone who needs to use their winch to get me out of a life threatening situation.

I have a hi-lift & long shovel.
I will have a drag chain by then also.

Ian has got a good source on chains. $60 for 20m with cinching hooks. Rated to 4.5T.

Looking forward to this trip, just read through last years thread. sounds like you guys had a ball. How many have we got?

7 weeks out.
Start planning for it.
List of those coming so far are;
Heata
Jason
Ridgie
Scotty
Navarian
Aido
Docp - Matt
Dion

8 so far..... We will need to look at breaking into 2 groups or the going will be a bit slow. I suggest a staggered start with a difference of 1-2 hours between groups ???

Our first nights camp spot last year might be a bit tight with 8 vehicles plus tents etc.
We may have to look at somewhere else. There are other spots before and after.
Also,if anyone has snow chains bring them along,just in case.

Same route as last year?
Just been looking around at the carnage from Melb Cup weekend - Pack a weeks worth of food and grog just in case!

Prado attempted to cross the Wongangurra (sp) river
http://www.australianimage.com.au/HCC/hcc5/PB012255.wmv

76730_450479477090_700737090_5989943_2916758_n.jpg

73003_10150092070621729_697261728_6981765_3309441_n.jpg

75598_450479277090_700737090_5989935_8327300_n.jpg

They had 100mm of rain in one night cup weekend,it wont be nearly as bad as those pics now.

Putting the idea out there that perhaps we base ourselves in or near Wonnangatta Valley and head out from there instead of doing a point to point trip?
Licola entry looks to be an easier option to the head of Zeka Spur and could be done in a day to the homestead site.

I am hanging out for this trip - parts of the Vic high country I have been waiting to see.

I hope to have dual batteries in by then (looking for a volunteer to help install a Redarc system - cause I'm too scared to touch anything electrical).

My thoughts - for what it's worth -would be for two groups going the same way so we can at least catch up at night and talk about the days driving etc. Take it in turns of leading out each day and the first group to camp collects firewood etc, the second group to leave ensures camp is left clean, fire out etc. Teamwork!

Yep pumped fpr this trip.
Aido re your count, I'm pretty sure kyle said he was comming, (or is his online tag listed in your count?) I am getting confused between names and online tags! I guess that happens when you actually meet people.
Sounds like Ridgie's suggestion above is a good one, I agree that its the campfire and beer time that these trips are all about, although I dont know the campsite size. Is anyone familiar enough with the area to know of a campsite that will work?
Either way It will be a great trip!

thanks heath, yes myself and belle will be attending this aswell. really looking forward to it

We could camp at the Lovicks Hut ruins the first night, plenty of room there.

Good spot,has fire places as well.
Also further on at the junction of bluff tk,brocks rd and king billy tk there are camp sites there as well.Not sure if there are toilets at these spots.
These two spots require warm clothing.

Re coming in from licola,we will miss some of the best views around(good weather of coarse).

Last edited:
List of those coming so far are;
Heata
Jason
Ridgie
Scotty
Navarian
Aido
Docp - Matt
Dion

8 so far.....

Nah it's only seven - I am really keen to come but I tried and I can't get the time off. :suicide2:

Time to shop for a new job.

Giving it a bump.
Lots of interest in this trip.
A couple of different ideas above so lets not wait until the day before and start to nut out a route and a way of 8+ vehicles getting through ( Sorry forgot to count Onlock). Campsites may be at a premium given the long weekend and so a contingency plan should be considered.
Last years planning was easy / non existent because there were only 3 of us, but larger numbers mean that some planning will be required. Not saying that it cant be done on the fly like we did last year but a general path and camp spots need to be worked out soon.

I agree with Ridgie. What he has suggested is the way I envisaged it might work in terms of moving 2 groups.

So anyway........Bump

Latest posts

Back