"VNOG High Plains 12th-14th March" ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, Howqua Track, which takes you in to Sheepyard Flat is in terrible condition. Potholes and corrugations everywhere. I'll definitely air down next time. The toilets at Sheepyard Flat on the left as you cross the Howqua were also a disgrace, I reckon we are far better off camping on the right hand side or at one of the sites just up from it.

Just a quick heads up. I was up at Craig's hut two weekends ago and the very top section of the ascent on Howqua Gap Track may be a bit iffy on a stock Nav.... There is one rock step in particular that might trouble stock clearance.

I drove my d40 over that step when it was standard with no probs,just placed my wheels in the sweet spot.Not sure if the step is any more difficult since i last drove it,might have a look this weekend.

Also, Howqua Track, which takes you in to Sheepyard Flat is in terrible condition. Potholes and corrugations everywhere. I'll definitely air down next time. The toilets at Sheepyard Flat on the left as you cross the Howqua were also a disgrace, I reckon we are far better off camping on the right hand side or at one of the sites just up from it.

Yea it gets very busy at sheepyard over the holidays and i'll bet the crappers are near full,part of the reason i sugested this spot.
Click link below.
http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/CA256F310024B628/0/7945AEAFA116FC4BCA25745C0000EB3B/$File/Carters+Road+Picnic+and+Camping+Reserve.pdf

hey guys just thought id check in again to say that i am definatly coming on this trip. i will also be camping on the fri night but will still be working fri so ill come up later in the evening, im more than happy to tail end the second group aswell. ill be bringing tools and what not and im pretty handy mechanically aswell.

sooo excitied!!!
kyle

Good stuff,i rekon we set the groups at the friday night camp in case anyone drops out inbetween time.

Capped at 8 Alex but if someone drops out you're in.

Nothing personal Alex and your welcome on any other trip for sure. Its just the logistics of moving so many vehicles.
Border track is open though and thats a big one.
Keep your eye out as there will be other weekenders and daytrips as well.

Day two,leave Lovicks hut and head to the junction of bluff hut tk,Brocks rd and King billy rd.This intersection is called High ridge.The plan is to head along King billy rd.This track is closed for repairs but is expected to be open on 11th march.Will keep an eye on this as it could change our plans.
I will call parks vic a few days before we leave to get an update.
Link.
http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/mresources/DSE_PV_Flood_Closures.pdf

At the end of King billy rd is Howitt road,we turn right there and head to Zeka spur tk,turn left down to Wonnangatta tk.Turn right,head to Wonnangatta station area and set up camp.
We all good? :big_smile:

Happy with that Ian! I am expecting to go for a drive sat haven't planned destination yet, is that when you are thinking of having a look?

Just looking at the distances Ian, roughly 3hrs from home to mirrimbah, what sort of time is needed to check out mentioned tracks?

That sounds ok, I'll only have one rugrat, maybe we make a call in the next day or so weather dependant?
But i'd like to do it, given mine is the most standard Nav and make my own call on the suspect tracks.

I should have the kettle fixed by then.I'm taking it over to a mates place and changing everything on the front next week.

Lift the back edge of the bonnet and fit a spray to the rad while your at it. Every little bit helps.
Off topic now. But if that thing overheats again you will definitely be a tail end charlie! :big_smile:

That sounds ok, I'll only have one rugrat, maybe we make a call in the next day or so weather dependant?
But i'd like to do it, given mine is the most standard Nav and make my own call on the suspect tracks.

Ian - route sounds good - some great places to see.

You blokes planning to do the trip before the trip begins - a bit like playing the game before it starts!!

Take it as it comes. We're all reasonable when it comes to doing what we are capable of, and we don't go looking for damage.

For me half the fun is seeing what comes along. We can always turn back - no shame in that.

Anyway - enjoy the travel.

Last edited:
All clear of the corner boss.

Cheers.

Let's hope the fires at East Gippsland and Licola don't get out of control and burn the place up.

Wife and friends had to wait 2 hours in Buchan as part of the detour to get past Orbost today - and then no power in Cann River so no petrol available. Luckily one guy got a generator going and had one pump working.
The CFA website now states that the fire is under control and the Princess Fwy is open.

Latest posts

Back