"VNOG High Plains 12th-14th March" ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we could have a look at the map, and proposed route on sunday?
but I think 8 would be the maximum size to have a 'staggered start' just picturing the size of campsite you need for 8 cars etc. I would have thought that if we get more interest we are looking at two trips, in reverse direction.
just my thoughts, keen to hear what the group prefers.

DOH!!! this post is out of order now! you blokes have done three each in the time I typed it!
but friday night is a possibility for me what time are you thinking?

Last edited:
My thinking, head up Friday night and just camp along the Howqua, again dependent on numbers.

Meet up with the others at the Mt Bulla ticket gate on Sat morning?

I'm going to take the Friday off work.

Last edited:
I intend heading up Friday at some point - bloody long way from here!

Close it now - 8 is enough and there has been plenty of time to get onboard.

Let's look at maps on Sunday.

let me know your plans Ridge, I wont have the day off, but I'd be looking at leaving around 2pm ish to arrive at howqua 5 ish.

8 is enough then
Aido
Navarian
Ridgie
Heata
10stpatrol
Scotty
DOCP1980
Onlock

Please if you are suddenly unavailable then pipe up to allow someone else to put their hand up.
Perhaps a reserve list might be in order?

Last sunday at the jells park bbq i got the maps for this trip out for us to look at.
A few ideas was mentioned so tommorrow arvo i'm going to post up a proposed meeting camp site for friday night/saturday morning,and a route we could take for the weekend if every one is happy with it.
I''ve put my hand up to lead one of the two groups.
Still need some one else.They need to get familiar with the two maps i posted up earlier in the thread.

If any one is not happy with this speak up.
It was suggested that we camp friday night at Sheepyard flats which is a great spot but it was also suggested that some people may like to see Craigs hut(man from snowy river fame).The problem with this is we will be back tracking a fair bit from Sheepyard to Craigs hut,so i reckon this camp site is the go for the friday night.

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/CA256F310024B628/0/7945AEAFA116FC4BCA25745C0000EB3B/$File/Carters+Road+Picnic+and+Camping+Reserve.pdf

Saturday morning,Carters rd to Mirimbah and air down.Mt Stirling rd to Circuit rd to Howqua gap hut.
Howqua gap tk up over Mt Stirling to clear hills tk then Craigs hut.
Short back track to Monument tk down to Bindaree rd.
Check out the water falls.Head to Bindaree hut then on to Pikes flat.
Head up 16 mile jeep tk to Bluff link rd.Turn left at Bluff hut tk.
Then on to Lovicks hut ruins for Saturay night camp.
Lovicks is high altitude,it gets cold there and can snow if the conditions are right so we will need to pack for that.
As i said i'm happy to lead a group and Ridgie has put his hand up to tail end charlie.
We need the same for the second group,or we can organize it on the day.
It's all good.
Everyone happy?
If so i'll post up Sunday tommorrow arvo.:cheers!:

Last edited:
Just a quick heads up. I was up at Craig's hut two weekends ago and the very top section of the ascent on Howqua Gap Track may be a bit iffy on a stock Nav.... There is one rock step in particular that might trouble stock clearance. Coming down Monument shouldn't be a problem though. Flies were a nightmare up at Craig's Hut, but the view, as always, was worth it! I've done a bit of driving up in this area so am also happy to lead a crew, but I don't have an electric winch which may be a problem as lead car.....

Latest posts

Back