What are these?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aidos

Reaction score
Two weird looking plugs.

I'm assuming they are the fog lights but there both different!

Attachments

• 20140831_165531.jpg
    20140831_165531.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 20140831_165503.jpg
    20140831_165503.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 20140831_165515.jpg
    20140831_165515.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 128
Do me a favour - connect a test lamp to it and turn on your hazard lights. I'm betting it's the indicator plug that's pre-wired for a bullbar.

Both plugs tested with hazards on and test lamp didn't light up.

Tested with left and right turn single and no lamp.

Ive got these too...08 kingcab,always puzzled me..i think there in the wrong place for anything on the bullbar...possible leftover from its tropical birthplace?

It isn't the ambient temp sensor, Thai models don't include it in the loom and it's a 4-pin thing anyway.

If it's not bullbar indicators (which were pre-wired on mine, and I assumed similar for the Thai builds) then it must be fog lights. A change in indicator stalk is required - either a new stalk with the fog light option, or using the mod described by Malicious in this thread. The output is controlled by the BCM (body control module) so you won't see them activate until the stalk is changed.

You could probably test that by identifying the fog light relay and activating that circuit manually (which involves removing the relay and manually switching its output with a switch capable of handling 20A).

It isn't the ambient temp sensor, Thai models don't include it in the loom and it's a 4-pin thing anyway.

If it's not bullbar indicators (which were pre-wired on mine, and I assumed similar for the Thai builds) then it must be fog lights. A change in indicator stalk is required - either a new stalk with the fog light option, or using the mod described by Malicious in this thread. The output is controlled by the BCM (body control module) so you won't see them activate until the stalk is changed.
You could probably test that by identifying the fog light relay and activating that circuit manually (which involves removing the relay and manually switching its output with a switch capable of handling 20A).

Why would they be two completely different plugs? I will investigate more after work.

Why would they be two completely different plugs? I will investigate more after work.

Nissan would be better at answering that. Why earth the stereo on the instrument cluster, and why link the vacuum hose on the turbocharger to the brake booster? Why put an auto trans cooler in the radiator, or forget to put a $2 switch on the passenger doors of the D22?

It might not be fog lights, but there's little else it could be down there.

Latest posts

Back