What are use paying for a ARB bar ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Attachments

• Dmax.jpg
    Dmax.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 146
That looks sick, not a fan of the alloy wheels but thats easily fixed.

off the top of my head for a deluxe winch bar I know its about $18-1900 plus about $300 fitting and $250-350 color coding.

Did you get the manual or auto?

Getting a manual mate, a few mates have the older shape Dmax and their trucks never go over 9L's per 100km's. Same engine, higher state of tune in these though.

Ill be going the black powder coated same bar as pictured. I do alot of driving and the powder coat is harder wearing.

Ill get my brother to order the bar and fit it, should get 10-20% off too.

Oh and I dont mind the alloy wheels, they're 17's. Otherwise I would have kept the Coopers.

The 1 I am getting is a Silver LS Terrain. Full leather interior etc.

should look the goods, I was checking out their specs the other day, I think its probably time for me to go and drive one, so much to offer for the money.

Nice ute mate, Moss Vale Motor Group put the bar down on my last contract as $1900 fitted

They haven't released these bars yet for the Dmax. Shouldn't be too far off.

Went to ring this arvo, realised it was past 5pm. So rang a QLD dealer to ask for some pics and when the release date is. Haha.

Cooper Plains ARB, thumbs up.

Oh and 180 (Sorry, cant remember your name), be sure to look around as I got 8-9 grand off mine. December built from memory.

They haven't released these bars yet for the Dmax. Shouldn't be too far off.

Went to ring this arvo, realised it was past 5pm. So rang a QLD dealer to ask for some pics and when the release date is. Haha.

Cooper Plains ARB, thumbs up.

Oh and 180 (Sorry, cant remember your name), be sure to look around as I got 8-9 grand off mine. December built from memory.

ARB sent me an email today with their latest catalogue with the D-max is on the cover, Also there is an article in there titled "D-max development program" "get behind the scenes with ARB's engineers"
Havent read the entire book yet, but it may interest you a bit more then me at this point in time mate.

Looks like they will have to cut around the front bumper section, same as they did for our Prado.... We paid around $2200 for ours to be fitted from memory so I would it would be close to that.... maybe as high as $2400 if they are new.

Do u plan in doing a lot of towing? If so, ask what's the go with clutches (wear & tear). Not sure what the gearing is like but if its like most modern high powered 4cyl TD, then it will probably have a high 1st gear which if towing means early clutch replacement..... I'd be looking at a Auto myself.

Are they Torsion Bar front end or something different? One of the 1st things I'd be doing is installing a 2nd Fuel Filter to protect the fuel system. This is what I've done on our Prado. Installed a Racor 230 2micron filter system which still has a high flow rate as well (>100ltrs/hr). This common rail diesels need CLEAN fuel & I've too many stories of dirty fuel and by the time u know its too late and then the $$$ start leaving your pocket (unless u can prove which Fuel Stn is to blame). Ours has saved us and its also protects against remote refilling where u are most likely to pick up dirty fuel.

They certainly look the goods when done up.... Good luck with your purchase and keen to hear how it performs

Rob

Vewy pwetty Dave.

I thought the only colour car to have was white, is silver the 'thing' to have now?

Do u plan in doing a lot of towing? If so, ask what's the go with clutches (wear & tear). Not sure what the gearing is like but if its like most modern high powered 4cyl TD, then it will probably have a high 1st gear which if towing means early clutch replacement..... I'd be looking at a Auto myself.

Are they Torsion Bar front end or something different? One of the 1st things I'd be doing is installing a 2nd Fuel Filter to protect the fuel system. This is what I've done on our Prado. Installed a Racor 230 2micron filter system which still has a high flow rate as well (>100ltrs/hr). This common rail diesels need CLEAN fuel & I've too many stories of dirty fuel and by the time u know its too late and then the $$$ start leaving your pocket (unless u can prove which Fuel Stn is to blame). Ours has saved us and its also protects against remote refilling where u are most likely to pick up dirty fuel.

They certainly look the goods when done up.... Good luck with your purchase and keen to hear how it performs

Rob
They have pretty good gearing by the looks of it 40:1 in low first imo is pretty good anyway and this is isuzu we are talking about here not yota but any car fitted with a dual mass flywheel is going to go through clutches faster but its a nicer drive so you take the good with the bad...

I test drove one before I bought my new navara and compared to a ranger, amarok or the v6 diesel in the navara it feels under powered and gutless, we had the model before the new dmax and it was alright but nothing special it was always lacking in the power and torque department, the Dmax has always been a step behind the competition, and have always been tradies no frills utes and are not as well designed as the ranger amarok or navara. If I was looking at any ute atm I would consider the vw amarok auto as it gets amazing fuel economy and power, the only reason we bought the v6 diesel over these was because I wanted all the power I could have.

Latest posts

Back