What clutch to get???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the delay in response, I have had mine in for over 12 months now and it is great. It was real soft for the 1st drive after getting it fitted but the mechanic said that was because of the lube on 1 of the shafts or something but it stiffened back up after a day and it was strange, sort of like a different car LOL. But I love it now and it is not too stiff at all your misses will be fine, it may take a drive or 2 to get used to it but she will be fine.

no stress i gave it a crack went in blind folded to the job but got it done, done it after work each day and took a week due to parts coming in were delayed cause of ash in the sky and planes were landed anyways i went with the extreme ceramic h/d clutch and very very happy so far, i thought it would be hard but i shit u not its 3 times easier than my 190000 klm origanal one, im very happy with it and best thing i got all trade price so i paid 580 for 800 clutch so i done more things like rear main seal and the box got new seals and bearings while it was out and new fuel primer and filter plus diff oil and re alligned the torsion bars so done well i think and thumbs up for extreme, i'm trying to post few pics of the job but it keeps saying internal server error so i'll try 2moro just so people know what there up for on this job

heres some pics of new extreme h/duty ceramic clutch

Attachments

• old and new clutch.jpg
    old and new clutch.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 106
I had an extreme fitted cant get a good feeling pedal in that it is in or out cant ease it out like needed in heavy traffic . pissed off
cheers phil

Actually extreme is the brand, I have a six puck metallic one in my track car.

Xtreme Clutch - All Australian High Performance Clutch Systems and Components

I am thinking about a clutch upgrade in my D22, it has always felt underdone to me, with that torque black hole at low revs with the ZD30 it is a pain to get moving uphill when towing, you wonder if the car is going to move or the clutch is going to cook first.

Yeah, Exedy is purple too, i have a twin plate in my 200sx.

Single.

ZD30's and YD25's use the same clutch from memory. Same gearbox.

D40's are different obviously.

Latest posts

Back