What does yours weigh?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have actually found a cure for the diff issues. Just reinstall the Std tyres. you will NEVER get traction, thus eliminating the issue.

Just weighed my D40 - 2470 kgs "empty". Not much left for carrying stuff before getting near to the GVM.

Hmm and I have added a long range tank since then. 160 litres adds another 130kgs plus the weight of the steel tank.

mine's 9 in......oops you wanted the weight hey..I'll get back too you, she's using the scales at the moment.

Krafty, I am going with A.

Never listened enough for B.

Lol at Krankin's comment.

It's just enough knowing that when you hang em in a sling they nearly touch the ground is it?

I just emptied the draw system of all tools and pot N pans - I have only left the recovery gear in. I have taken out 45 KG's so far (just from the drawer contents alone).

Doesn't take much to add up when you pack a car.

The lightest of the boxes I packed stuff in for my trip across the Nullarbor weighed in at 34KG and the heaviest came in at 49kg and there is 6 boxes and that's just the clothes and toys that don't come out at each nights stop, add toolbox, battery, fridge, spare parts box, oil and coolant, overnight bags, food, scooters, water and other miscellaneous crap. Even with that much crap in the back my sight through the canopy with the mirror is not hampered so I could physically fit heaps more if I needed too.

Most people would have a clue what they are carting around on a daily basis let alone with they go on trips.

My D22 with a full tank and empty tub weighs 2.3T, add 80kg for driver and that only leaves 540kg for passengers, waeco and cargo. Its pretty crap but there's nothing i can really remove. One thing for sure everything from here on in will be judged on weight! If i ever replace my wheels i'll go alloy to save the weight of yet more steel.

i attempted a GVM upgrade but was told its not possible due to NSW law.

mine unloaded is 3.2T

front wheels exactly 1500kg
rear axle 1720kg
approx 80ltrs of fuel, i wasnt in the nav either.

so when i say unloaded i mean everthing thats removable eg recovery gear ,

Did the weigh bridge last weekend ,3/4 tank full ,2 empty waeco and assorted crap and me 2.5t

Latest posts

Back