What warranty work has your D40 had done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So update to my experience with the new Nav,
I got the fuel lines all replaced no worries, but they ran the computer again and low and behold a new problem, so in she goes later this week for a new Fuel valve and filters and what not to be replaced. Plus I'm still getting piss poor economy, 440kms per 80l tank... i can't afford this.
This truck is doing just oiler 20L per 100km. So Nissan have me recording the fuel situ and they will decide on what they want to do.
I have extended warranty and nissan have covered all so far which is fantastic by them.
cheers
Mike

Mudhog2, is your car a King Cab? If it is, push the dealer to find a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) relating to a software update for the ECU. I don't know for certain that one exists, but there has been a strong indication that one does but has been ignored by many dealers in Australia.

after snapping the main pinion shaft on the front diff Nissan are replacing the entire diff unde warranty and because they dont have the part in the country they are hiring me a D40 from thrifty until my D40 is back on the road.
Nissan have been really good about the whole thing, picked up the car at a time that suited me, dropped at the dealer i chose, approved repairs within an hr of the dealer request, and hiring me a replacement ute so i can get back to work.
could not of asked for better service 10 out of 10 Nissan.

You been giving her a hard time Nath? :nono:

Good that they are looking after you.

I have taken it off road once or twice Joe.

I didnt have to argue at all with Nissan, so im wrapped. It got towed to them on saturday and at lunch today got the ok it would be fixed, and that they have also approved a d40 to be hired at over $1600 for the month.
Definitely no complaints about nissan customer service form me.

Window auto up & radio code done today. Pumped up the flat tire to 40psi before i left home noticed it when i got to nissan it looked like it was at 25psi. be interesting if they swap it with the spare

Window auto up & radio code done today. Pumped up the flat tire to 40psi before i left home noticed it when i got to nissan it looked like it was at 25psi. be interesting if they swap it with the spare

Window auto up will not work after battery has been disconnected, to re-activate
You need to hold the button up the whole time the window is moving up and continue to hold for three to five seconds after it has reached the top, then it will be re-activated

Nath yeah tried that turned out to be a faulty switch. F@ck me 132 for a code��. But they fixed the flat.

what is this code you speak of?

So update to my experience with the new Nav,
I got the fuel lines all replaced no worries, but they ran the computer again and low and behold a new problem, so in she goes later this week for a new Fuel valve and filters and what not to be replaced. Plus I'm still getting piss poor economy, 440kms per 80l tank... i can't afford this.
This truck is doing just oiler 20L per 100km. So Nissan have me recording the fuel situ and they will decide on what they want to do.
I have extended warranty and nissan have covered all so far which is fantastic by them.
cheers
Mike
If you can maybe look into a diesel gas conversation
what is this code you speak of?

Disconnect the battery you need a radio code. Normally you'd get it in your own's book but no. In Nissan wisdom they don't give you one. You need to take it to the dealer they pull the radio out for the unit number then send that and the bin to Nissan Australia who make sure the systems match then send the code back to Nissan dealer.

If you can maybe look into a diesel gas conversation

Disconnect the battery you need a radio code. Normally you'd get it in your own's book but no. In Nissan wisdom they don't give you one. You need to take it to the dealer they pull the radio out for the unit number then send that and the bin to Nissan Australia who make sure the systems match then send the code back to Nissan dealer.

Oh really.... I've had mine out more then a handful of times. Even run it flat on purpose and ive never had to put in a code.
Rather strange the differences between the same beasts!!

So yeah warranty returns to date:

2010 4 x 2 Thai build- 72kkm

Turbo actuator valve x 2. - more accurately it was I think the solenoid. The second time around the air intake and some related vacuum plumbing was replaced with redesigned parts
Suction control valve - this made a big difference to how it runs
Gear lever boot. The ( poorly hand cut) plastic retaining ring broke and it all dropped into the consol.
Rattling clutch mech when pressure on pedal esp cold. Never got to the bottom of what exactly was done here but it was a common problem. As actually were the actuator valves and the SCV
Looking at some of the other posts I feel I've got off pretty lightly.

I do worry about the future with stuff like fuel pumps running in the multiple $000's.

It's a bit crazy - was looking through 'Street Machine' mag today - you can get a yourself a small block 350 crate donk with carby, manifold and dizzy for a bit over $3k. Admittedly not a lot of use to you if you've done a fuel pump in your Navara but hey

So Nissan have had the ute for 1.5 weeks now, went in fine except for shit fuel economy. They took the injectors out and cleaned them, replaced some sort of fuel valve plus the fuel filter. All done and ready for me to pick up last tuesday, ring up and "ohhhh was just about to ring you" sure i was on my way to pick it up...
Anyway they couldn't get the thing started, remained there for two days as they were getting technical help from melbourne apparently which have made them take the Fuel pump out and sent it to Diesel care. So now I'm just waiting and waiting for it to come back haha.
I have been given a new X-trail and fuel so i can't really complain, but when your 19 and outlay 30g's of your hard earned for a lemon which you'd planned on getting setup perfectly for a awesome tourer sometimes you have to wonder.
So the vehicle is up for sale, and I'm moving onto to Toyota Landcruiser 105 series.
cheers fella's

So Nissan have had the ute for 1.5 weeks now, went in fine except for shit fuel economy. They took the injectors out and cleaned them, replaced some sort of fuel valve plus the fuel filter. All done and ready for me to pick up last tuesday, ring up and "ohhhh was just about to ring you" sure i was on my way to pick it up...
Anyway they couldn't get the thing started, remained there for two days as they were getting technical help from melbourne apparently which have made them take the Fuel pump out and sent it to Diesel care. So now I'm just waiting and waiting for it to come back haha.
I have been given a new X-trail and fuel so i can't really complain, but when your 19 and outlay 30g's of your hard earned for a lemon which you'd planned on getting setup perfectly for a awesome tourer sometimes you have to wonder.
So the vehicle is up for sale, and I'm moving onto to Toyota Landcruiser 105 series.
cheers fella's

good luck with your toyota, hope it doesnt miss a beat or you may end yp with a ssangyong lol

Fuel pump was given the tick of approval today, and determined that it wasn't the fault, So back it goes in the truck tomorrow. Then they will keep on running tests with it till they find something.
Now, I'm a Diesel Fitter by trade and reason I'm not working on the vehicle is cause of the warranty, but surely if the vehicle is not kicking over its either two things, Fuel or electrical, my only issue is why aren't Nissan in brisbane working this all out themselves and having to call Nissan melbourne just to sort out what is wrong with the vehicle. Are these guys mechanics or just labour... Very tempting to go in myself to have a play around, but i don't want to upset them. Guess ill just enjoy my free fuel while i can.
Already started the set up process on the 100 series though, Just need to sell this lemon to fund it haha, reason i went nissan is because it doesn't have the toyota tax but i think this may be a sign...
cheers
Mike

Mudhog you will love the 100 series, so much better for touring, ignore the Toyota bashing I had it to when I decided to get a Hilux.

Latest posts

Back