What warranty work has your D40 had done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bit of a thread revival..
took the d40 in for it's first service which is just a general checkup, nearest dealer is a 45 min drive away, car drove perfectly all the way there as you'd expect.
picked it up afterwards and it was lacking power and not boosting properly, seemed to be a bit noiser and running rough too.
took it back, had 2 different mechanics look at it, put the diagnostic on it and nothing come up, a bit of tinkering and he thinks there's a problem with the turbo.
booked in next thursday for diagnostics, currently fighting for a loan car..
car has done just over 2000km.

might pay to unblock your egr if they are going to be crawling all over it just in case, They will use any ecuse to make you at fault.

i was actually going to install it this afternoon when i got back, however i decided not to and i think the egr block i got is the wrong one, i haven't removed the egr pipe yet but it looks to be the diamond shaped one not the one with the round centre.

looks like I might be due for a clutch, car is 4 months old and 12,000km

clutch was fine then after some light/ easy beach driving in 4x4 on Straddie last weekend the clutch doesnt seem to operate until right at the end of the pedal( not towards the floor)

Is it slipping or shuddering?
The clutch on mine and another low K D40 I have driven takes up on the top part of the travel. A very good reason not to even breath on the pedal unless your changing gears. However there should be a small amount of free-play in the pedal.

i have a s6, turns out it was a faulty air flow sensor that shit itself, dude reckons they've had a few on near new cars and thinks there was a bad batch... hopefully it's the last claim i have for a long while!
otherwise the car has been great, very happy with it

I'm going for good will on my second clutch on my other d40 because the flywheel has shat itself after 14months and 15000ks and car and last clutch replacement is out of warranty, fingers crossed

Last edited:
Has any one got the the injector cleaner service done that nissan advise to do at the 50,000km mark, and how much did u pay? I got told i "should" get it done but laughed at the price he quoting me.

I wasn't offered an injector service.

What HAS happened to my car is my air filter box has broken a clip and the lower face below the section containing the filter element and facing the engine has broken away. I thought I had noisy timing chains - it's my bloody air box!

My dealer immediately ordered a new air box. We're lucky the recent water crossings weren't deep!

One of the clips off my air box broke about 3 services ago, if I don't stand at the front of the car I don't hear it and it's not a problem, in fact the only reason I found it was because I got out of the car to open a gate on day and I walked close to the front of the car.

2012 ST, nearly 5000km and getting radio replaced. sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't has done it since it left the dealer nearly 2 months ago, other then that all is good so far

I'm going for good will on my second clutch on my other d40 because the flywheel has shat itself after 14months and 15000ks and car and last clutch replacement is out of warranty, fingers crossed

nissan replaced my flywheel under good will i paid $219 labour phew!

50000k's new fuel rail and fuel filter housing as the old one was'nt holding pressure and the car kept cutting out when you start it in the mornings cause there was air in the lines.

2000k's later and she going good

Bowie, that often happens because a seal is misplaced, hose is overtightened (pinching it) or such - be thankful they did it under warranty because that's a lot of coins' worth of work for what was possibly a very small and easily-rectified problem.

Bowie, that often happens because a seal is misplaced, hose is overtightened (pinching it) or such - be thankful they did it under warranty because that's a lot of coins' worth of work for what was possibly a very small and easily-rectified problem.

Yeah i knew they were a big dollar job that was the one thing i was worried about and them saying ill have to pay. but i told them that i wasnt happy as they are the only ones that have been under the hood of the car and they said they will look at it and sort it out then couple days later got a phone call saying it was fixed and ready to go and it was all replaced under warranty

My D40 has just been diagnosed with a leaky transfer case seal. goes in next Thursday to be replaced. 12 months old and nothing else wrong touch wood

This is the leak I mentioned.... Anyone have any ideas whats caused this? it has 31k on the clock

View attachment 9051[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353312946.291091.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353312946.291091.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 71
just got a letter from nissan for a recall.
the automatic tensioner bolts for the yd25 may not have the appropriate tightening torque applied.
hoping i can get it booked in before we go away over xmas, will probably do at least 4000km over that period with the family so will be good to know it's been sorted.
will give them a call tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back