What warranty work has your D40 had done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
89000 and getting new injectors and rail next week. the economy has gone to crap but nissan say "it is acceptable". luckly it also has a rattle/knock under light load so nissan did a check and found a fault in one injector so now will replace the lot. First nissan say their is no problem with the fuel economy and in the next sentence they say there is a problem with the injectors? :suicide:

Mate must get them to check my injectors. Vehicle has 10000km on the clock and I'm averaging 14.3k/100L.

gday pete my ute is manual and i was getting bout 14.5L/100km now its slowly coming down with each tank no idea why its got 18500km now

injectors

i went from an easy 550klm - 60ltr around town to only 480klm - 60 ltr around town and it happened at 80000.
the only time they will do anything is after you yell at them and through the F bomb in a few times.:bike: if they would just do what they are supposed to do straight up i would be happy but i am now looking for a new car for the wife and a murano is on the list but because of piss poor customer service we will most likly get a subaru outback.

May have been coincidence but I found economy noticably improved after the 20000km service. Almost felt like tune had been adjusted. Nissan pleaded ignorant but it definately felt better & there was a definite improvement.

put it in today to see what they say.they clutch is slipping and it's only 1 yr old this week. doe'nt sound promising going by their attitude and reckon 3 k to if they won't cover it. shit will hit the fan if they don't.

so far its taken since November last to get the fuel gauge correct and parts are in to try again.
Since December to get new shocks for the rear and still waiting.
Apparently noone has any idea how to adjust the tailgate height and thats been waiting since March last year..

New Radio.
Back door needs to be slammed to shut it.
Fitted with "Nissan" (Thule) roof racks which make the door seals leak had that one back a couple of times and even spoken directly to Nissan to try and get some action but I just have to put up with leak. Pain in the arse taking them off all the time.
It is 13 months old but really these are just minor problems.

07 D40 STX, clutch replaced under warranty just before Easter this year at 54,000. No problems with Nissan or the dealer, very pleasantly surprised.

My d40 has 150000 kms on it and is the 3rd navara that i've owned. warrenty work to date has being a few rattles and a seat with not enough padding in it. Problem at the moment with a leaking front seal on the transfer case. Any advise on changing this and has anybody else had this proplem, suspect dirt under the seal as it had a fast offroad trip to Finke and back (5000km of abuse!!)other than that it has being awsome!!. I've just ordered another one. Dealer can't tell me what changes there will be to the 09 models, anybody heard anything??!!

ok i will start at the first ,tapppet cover gasket leak,left mirror chrome falling off,3 x front transfere seal,3 x rear pinion seals,left rear axle seal and another required now+brake shoes,canopy seals(genuine of course)paint palling off roofon left side.they done something to quiet the injectors at 110,000 service last friday,it worked quiet as now and using over 20l/100 towing empty horse float and now power over 80km/h , up from 15.5 empty.probable other stuff im to ped off to remember atm

My D40 has done 44 000km and the clutch is gone, a mate's went at 50k and had it replaced under warranty. Mine goes in to Nissan on Tues . Quite disapointing really

it appears i drive mine too much i was told by nissan aust. today,left rear axle replaced on 24/11/08 at 82095km and now has 114230km , 7 months on its gone requiring an axle (bearing and seal are not replaceable items on these why mr.nissan ??)

Because there a bucket off shit....

I have recently had my timing chain, and guids and tensioners replaced. and I blew the front diff pulling a 2.2 tonne boat & trailer up a wet boat ramp... I have never had a problem with warranty, and the after sales service I have recieved has been exellant...

But the problem I do have with these D40's is the fuel economy... Compared to Toyota and Triton, these D40's are fuel sluts..
My work partner has a new Triton DID Auto, 3000km on the clock. He is getting 9lt/100, city only and driving normaly. I need to drive like I have Ms Daisy in the car to get 11.5lt/100.... Then on the hwy, the triton gets 7lt were I get 9.5lt/100...

I won't be buying another D40...

A note on bonnet & front end squeaks. Try some duct tape around the bonnet catch. Works a treat.

Any chance of a pic? I have been wading through this thread because my 6000k D40 has developed that annoying bonnet squeek! Grrr..

Still love it though.

Bosshog

Boss, I had a squeak too. I packed the rubber bumpers on each corner with a piece of cardboard to make sure that was the problem, it was. The fix I used, was to loosen the mounting bolts on the bonnet catch and move it down, to pull the bonnet down onto the rubber bumpers more firmly. No more squeak, you can also wind the rubber bumpers (on the bonnet front corners) out a little as well, just not too much or they will fall out they have a screw thread on them.

Mick

My King cab TD auto has 3000km on the clock, people said it would loosen up a bit and start using less fuel, but something has happened that has buggered that idea, its now using nearly twice what it did when I first got it, thats up around the 20l/100km mark. Must take it back.

Latest posts

Back