What warranty work has your D40 had done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking mine back for the millionth time down on power apparently there is a software upgrade to fix this not sure how this works if its software it shouldnt have changed

Nissan have refused to repair the massive oil leak I had just because I holed the sump on a rock. Seriously though, they are replacing my roof racks with a different design.

got the missus to clean the car out the other day and she told me the passenger side foot well was soaking wet!!!
Air con drain is leaking into passenger compartment. PITA!!! It is really really wet and cause I had rubber mats I would not have known until ya clean it out. Not very often in my case.

Apparently common thing so I spoke to Nissan today and told em it is a pain in the ass to bring in for warranty if it is an easy fix and they told me how to fix it.

The drain pipe is too short so water comes back into cab. I had to take the rubber drain off from in the engine bay and cut a small bit off the end and then put this over the steel pipe coming out of the firewall to extend it a little.
Then re install the rubber bung/pipe over this.

Hopefully this will fix it.

I would advise anyone that uses the aircon to check this as it could cause major corrosion problems if left for too long.

Boss, I had a squeak too. I packed the rubber bumpers on each corner with a piece of cardboard to make sure that was the problem, it was. The fix I used, was to loosen the mounting bolts on the bonnet catch and move it down, to pull the bonnet down onto the rubber bumpers more firmly. No more squeak, you can also wind the rubber bumpers (on the bonnet front corners) out a little as well, just not too much or they will fall out they have a screw thread on them.

Mick

Thanks Mick, will try that this coming weekend :)

Gus

I,ve have replaced door seals replaced twice and looking at get a third set soon. Cause is from the factory roof racks they rub the on door seals.

Two other warrenty jobs was from a leak from the transfercase, I forget the name of the part but it was like a sensor or a switch that attached to the case that was leaking, fixed no probs and on inspection an exhaust flange was busted too and fixed under warrenty.

any update on this?

Ill let you know later in the week im booking it in for thursday because last time it went in the manager was out and the other guys didn bother to check it they just fixed door instead.
But yes according to service adviser there is a software update for D40 dual and kingcab not single cab

Had my D40 King cab in today, using 18l/100km (all in town) they said they've checked it all and is all good (only got 3500km's on it), they recon I got too much weight (150kg including boxes) on it & the ladder bars. Bloody thing was using 13l/100km when I first got it then it just changed, hence why I can't see the weight thing causing probs.
I asked them if a brake could be sticking but they didn't know what I was talking about

Yeah mine from new was opposite 18l/100km then just dropped to 14 l/100km but i soin till have lost power since new which shouldn be the case have you also checked clean side of your air cleaner there are now a few cases like mine of dust getting thru.

If you think a brake is sticking maybe walk around the car and feel the rims/hubs after 30 minutes driving?

I have no reason to say a brake is sticking, I just got the shits when nissan told me the computer said nothing was wrong, what happened to mechanics?

Just be happy you have a Nissan and not a BMW, go in for a service with a problem in mind, they take your key fob, plug it into their computer, say nothing is wrong, then charge you $560. You probably don't even have to have a BMW to get a service, just a key fob...

I,ve have replaced door seals replaced twice and looking at get a third set soon. Cause is from the factory roof racks they rub the on door seals.

Two other warrenty jobs was from a leak from the transfercase, I forget the name of the part but it was like a sensor or a switch that attached to the case that was leaking, fixed no probs and on inspection an exhaust flange was busted too and fixed under warrenty.

I am getting a new design of Roof Rack next week under warranty, Nissan offered me my money back or the new design which is permanantly fixed to the roof. Call Nissan customer service direct.

Ill let you know later in the week im booking it in for thursday because last time it went in the manager was out and the other guys didn bother to check it they just fixed door instead.
But yes according to service adviser there is a software update for D40 dual and kingcab not single cab

hey mate,
how'd the software upgrade go?

just a quick question, does anyone have any trouble with the rear view mirror on the windscreen, mine vibrates pretty bad while driving makes it hard to see through it. Mines an 09 kingcab pickup.

Software upgraded and couldn tell the difference to be honest .
I have a kingcab and have no issues with the mirror vibrating and i do lots of off road km's im more pissed with rattling moving doors

My STXD40 is three months old, 10000km on interstate driving only. The only warranty claim I had was the driver's door rubber seal. Faulty moulding or something like that. It was thinner in places. They replaced it, no questions asked.

Has Touneuo cover replace, Mirror as chrome wash chipping off, clutch, Injector fuel pressure sensor/ rail, center glasses holder as clip broken,now doing glove box as doesnt lock. i Worked for nissan so know dealer well and all services done through them.

Currently getting 800 kms to a tak quite easy, done 76xxxkms 3/07 s2 d40 4x4 2.5td

i have a small squeek on rough roads and bumps that i cant pin just yet but i will damn it..

so far all tyres are still original with pleny left as with brakes.

car is ised to tow 2.7 tonne and 6m boat no dramas.

worked for mits and wouldnt buy a triton...d40 no other option..

Rust Under Warranty

Hey Guys, Talking about paint jobs, i've got a ST-x 07 model with 23k on the clock, it's always stored in the garage and kept clean. But i found 2 rust spots developing on the edge of the roof above the windscreen. I freaked out when i saw it as it was a really crap spot and i can only imagine what it would be like in 5 years time.

So i took it into John Oxley Motors Port Macquarie, and showed them. I had all guns blazing when i walked in there, but they weren't required, Ben the service manager was really good and arranged for me to head around and get a panel beater to inspect it and take photo's. He said it's not the first time they've seen it either. Seems to be a problem with the robot spraying machine in Spain.

Anyway it's in there getting fixed right now so i'll see what it comes out like, i don't anticipate any problems though, and admire Nissan - Port Macquarie for being pretty prompt in sorting it out.

I also had the cd player replaced, it stopped ejecting cd's and said that it was empty when i knew it was full of discs. Didn't want to risk it mucking around with it, but they replaced it no problem which is great.

So far so good. Love the truck but, and better still the Missus loves it.

Latest posts

Back