What would you do?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexnav2395

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering what mods i should do first in order, need some advice

Sus lift? Stock suspension is shit
Tyres + rims? Want it to look good
Exhaust? Need power
Chip? Need power

What do you think i should do in order?

I was in your situation 6 months ago i went

2" lift
bullbar
canopy'
weekend mud tyres
winch
snorkel
bashplates

oh, and a set of deep dish floor mats seem to be a great $40 investment

yea thats pretty good start,also depends on what you want to make it but id deffently go sus then tyres for sure.then start looking at protecting/improveing your engine with intercooler, exhaust, chip EGR, different airbox, catch can.depends if your doing water crossing but id look at doing a snorkel somewhere in there.Dont need it asap if you dont do water crossing but still something you should deffently do imo.
that will give you a good start and then go from there with things you want to change but arnt as important.

As craig said, matters on what your going to do with it.
In my opinion, engine comes first- do all the safety mods.
If your into 4x4.. then go for the suspension/tyres first.
if you want power more then hit up chip/exhaust. But don't forget to grab the EGT gauge (pyro gauge) and boost gauge as well.

Very few catch cans come ready to do the job so buy whatever eBay one you like or suits where you want it in the engine bay then do the filtration yourself (heaps of info on different things to use as a filter in other threads).

I would make sure you know exactly what mods you are going to do before you buy any suspension, that way you can get the perfect set up. No point in putting in heavy duty springs if you are not going to carry a constant load for example or the other way around.
Same with up front, what bar?? Winch ?? Bash plates?? Ect ect

i dont carry loads, ive got a steel bar with a winch and dual batterys, i need torsion bars. im going with EFS.

id go,

egr block, boost and pyro guages + catch can
intercooler
mud tyres
bash plates
suspension
bodylift
winch bar and winch + recovery points
exhaust
80 series airbox
calmini uca's
sliders
lights
chip
lokka

something like that anyway. might want dual batteries too if you have a use for them, i don't which is why its not on my list.

What bash plates? hows the bluemax suspension? all the intercooler kits ive seen are soo expensive..

Hey guys just wondering what mods i should do first in order, need some advice

Sus lift? Stock suspension is shit
Tyres + rims? Want it to look good
Exhaust? Need power
Chip? Need power

What do you think i should do in order?

depends on what you really want the car to do.

i went:
- tool box
- floodies and more 12V outlets
- roof racks
- reversing sensors
- snorkel
- 2" lift

next will be:
- AT tyres
- dual battery
- canopy
- drawers

this order is so that i can utilise the car in the way i need whilst waiting for the next mod. my d40 doubles as a work vehicle and recreational so that affected my priorities.

Latest posts

Back