Whats behind your rear seat?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compressor & std jack behind my rear seat, 2 air tanks under tray

comp.jpg

I started this so I should add something. Its just not sorted into an organizer like I wanted.....but its coming.
Sidchrome 3/8 drive socket set. Set of OE ring spanners, Set of screwdrivers ---- all in a tool roll. Snatch strap. 2 x 4.5 T shackles. Tree protector. Winch extension strap. Winch controller. 2x handheld UHF.
Wanted to add marine carpet to the rear wall and have pouches / straps with velcro to lay it all out by now but.....will have to wait a while longer.

not behind my rear seat, as i dont have one (power to us single cab drivers!), but i got...

snatch strap in a bag (with crowbar and shackle also in the bag)
400A jumper leads
air compressor+hose
2.3kg powder fire extinguisher
jack

then in the tray i got my big toolbox which contains a high lift jack in it and a milk crate which holds:

ammo box full of tools (hammer, tape, pliers, knife, screw drivers, shifter spanners, etc)
2x2m tarp
siphon hose
hand brush (cleaning all the dust in the car)
zip up bag containing a 30m rope, a 5m chain, lock, 250kg tie-down strap, gloves
plastic bag containing spare belts, spare oil filter, spare fuel filters
filter fuel funnel

Had the backseat open earlier today, forgot about my amp and a set of jumper leads (700amp I think).

Dave.

I got the big jumper leads too, 750 or 850amp, one of those anyway, bought it years ago, i never seen any as thick as them before so i jumped at the opportunity to grab em especially after having pissy tiny ones that sometimes didnt do the job.

I got the big jumper leads too, 750 or 850amp, one of those anyway, bought it years ago, i never seen any as thick as them before so i jumped at the opportunity to grab em especially after having pissy tiny ones that sometimes didnt do the job.

We made the jumper leads I've got, they too are rated at about 800Amp but they were originally made for the tractors on the farm, doubt I'll be using them to their rated capacity any time soon but they were better than the cheap shitty Kmart ones I had in my old car.

I still don't need them for my Amplifier though

We made the jumper leads I've got, they too are rated at about 800Amp but they were originally made for the tractors on the farm, doubt I'll be using them to their rated capacity any time soon but they were better than the cheap shitty Kmart ones I had in my old car.

I still don't need them for my Amplifier though

I made my own from some shore supply cable. If the car doesn't start (the one I'm trying to help, not the D22) I can tow with them.

We actually made ours from cabling that was found laying around (well it wasn't bolted down) at one of the power stations. Never needed to be as big as they are but they were definitely needed as the tractors required jump starting every time they had to be moved. The trick was to remember to park the tractor next to the truck or ute each day when you'd finished using it to save the effort of paddock hopping just to get the mongrel started.

I was having a friendly debate with a known friend, you know one you know through other friends but never actually go and visit, anyway it was about the jumper leads and i said that i had big ones and no way that he could have bigger than what i got, i was wrong, it seems he done what you guys done and made them out of power cable, the big heavy wrapped in orange plastic/rubber cable, its probably 20mm thick. I lost the debate.

I was having a friendly debate with a known friend, you know one you know through other friends but never actually go and visit, anyway it was about the jumper leads and i said that i had big ones and no way that he could have bigger than what i got, i was wrong, it seems he done what you guys done and made them out of power cable, the big heavy wrapped in orange plastic/rubber cable, its probably 20mm thick. I lost the debate.

least your friend proved right in the end.

i had a debate with friends about driving in 4wd mode on the road when its not wet and how it can destroy your transmission because of the 'wind up'...

none of them listened and say they'll show me them driving on the roads in 4Hi some time soon...sigh

I need a big amp for my sick subs. lol

Na she ain't that powerful.

Dave.

Probably just as well or you'd need ear muffs on while driving and then you'd look really silly.

Actually I haven't seen a pic of you so maybe you wouldn't look silly in ear muffs, you might have a fashionable set of muffs hidden behind your back seat.

Was cleaning out the car today and remembered this thread, so thought I should check what's back there!

A pair of gloves, tow rope, snatch strap and some d-shackles (kept in the left over zip up plastic bags from the wifes lambswool seat covers), 1/2 a dozen old rag bags from Vinnies for rubbish collection (they're about the size of hessian bags), an inverter, 1st aid kit, one of those 12v showers, an alloy plate for jacking on soft surfaces, an extension lead for the anderson plug, a puncture repair kit, a general fuse/ terminal and bolt kit and the usual Nissan supplied stuff.

Reading some of these posts have given me a couple more ideas! Nice stuff fellas, thanks!:cool:

Most small first aid kits on the market are garbage - little more than a pack of Panadol with some bandaids and a $50 price tag.

If you want a good one, either get a (real) St Johns Ambulance kit (should cost between $150 and $250) or make it yourself. I'm sure there are web sites out there that have fairly decent lists of inclusions - they'll at least give you some idea.

i think from reading all these posts i should really invest in a 1st aid kit.

And a rear seat

any tips on constructing one or a good kit to buy?

As Tony suggested a home made one is a good option as you control what you want in it and therefore control the size. St Johns' is obviously good but there might be stuff you just don't use in it and if space is at a premium then one made to size is always better.

One thing to take into account though is that some items in a first aid kit do have a used by date, they might well work after that date but it does pay to check and replenish things.

Sanitary pad and a roll of duct tape will see you right most of the time.
Who needs a triangular bandage when duct tape is available?
Needs stitches? Duct tape will hold it together.
Broken arm / leg? Splint it with sticks and duct tape
Compuond fracture? As above just use the sanitary pad to stop blood loss and immobilise with duct tape.
Got a splinter or a headache? HTFU! Nah seriously swallow the sanitary pad ...that will give you something else to worry about.
Snake bite? Use pad to cover puncture area and use duct tape to apply compression bandage.
Haemorage? Ask the missus how affective these things are. Apply duct tape where you see fit.
Some first aid kits have saline solution. only time I've ever used that stuff was for flushing eyes. Bang a "pad" on your eye and see how quick it sucks it dry so as to remove foreign materials - please explain to the missus that it is in the interest of science before she catches you "experimenting"

Last edited:
I don't believe duct tape is a good enough product for what you describe. 100mph tape is much better given that it also doubles as rust protection on your car for speeds up too 100mph, normal duct tape comes off at around 60.

Latest posts

Back