Whats behind your rear seat?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iv used duct tape to hold planks down on my car, getting back on topic about first aid kit a home made kit in my opinion is the way to go but first google sites with what other first aid kits have in case you may have missed out on something important, such as lets say bandages and antiseptic! lol.
You shold always have a bottle of that home brew clear stuff that i refer to as fire water, also known as moonshine but we call it something else, it acts as a disinfectant, drink it and it eases the pain and at night if you drink enough it helps you fall asleep and loose weight by inducing vomiting.

great idea

well done mate, can you please give me the details of sub, as i am sure that my mtx 12" wont fit. how much space do you have for the sub?
what a great setup
cheers,
jamie
________
Live sex

Last edited:
havnt got anything behind seat atm, the baby seat drama applies. got a water tank in shed to install behind there at some point tho,

I got first aid kit, small bag of tools, shopping bags (SA has banned plastic shopping bags so u gotta take your own), gloves, diesel fuel additive and funnel. Nissan jack wheel brace etc also there of course.

Up until an hour ago I also had shoes, a kids kick board, cds and dvds and some kids blocks, i was running out of space in the tub for the crap we accumulated in Perth over the last 4 weeks and the rear of the cab seemed like a reasonable spot to stash slim stuff.

shopping bags (SA has banned plastic shopping bags so u gotta take your own),

I'd forgotten about that ban but was a little suprised when we got plastic bags at Ceduna Foodland and Wudinna Foodworks, still maybe those country dwelling folk haven't run out of their quota of plastic yet.

Just wondering what the best way is to attach things to the rear wall behind the seat. Want to mount an amp and few other bits an pieces, but dont want to cover the wall with heaps of holes. So was just thinking of carpeting a piece of MDF and attaching that to the wall, then screwing what i need to that. Any ideas on the best way to mount it?

To my way of thinking whether it's the amp or the MDF you are going to have to use some sort of mounting into the back of the hut. Although MDF can be cut fairly thin you still need to take the thickness into account when mounting anything behind there, would be nothing worse than mounting the amp to the wood and then finding out you can't put the seat back.

MDF is crap timber and screws don't always work the best into it so I would probably just mount anything you want directly into the hut, maybe a piece of rubber between any metal and the body work and then seal the screws/nuts/bolts. Depending on the tools are your disposal you can probably even get a dob of sealant on the outside of the screws that you use by coming up from under the vehicle.

Recovery gear so far, but after some discussions at home might be altering the rear seat and might do something like some of the ingenious ideas i have seen in here.

I'll have to go out and have a squizz behind my seat, atm i have nothing but what came with it when i brought it,
I didn't think there was room for anything with the seat back, but after reading this topic im obviously wrong. might have to bang something up.

When i first read the topic title i thought it meant whats behind your drivers seat in that little pocket:big_smile:

Just have the usual stuff - First Aid kit, Air compressor, torch 'n’ batteries, Bog roll, Jack, shopping bags.

I'm thinking of making a box to fit behind there that with a few compartments to keep everything a bit more organised. Probably make it out of mdf with a folding door with a couple of latches on it to keep it from flying open.
Has anyone removed that little bit of metal that the jack sits under? I want to get rid of it without causing any damage so I can put the box in.

Last edited:
I was thinking of making a lock box to cary rifles behind the seat.

Scotty, I will probably try to make an area in the box for a rifle or 2, then all the other gear, recovery, fire ext, etc etc.
Just gotta get that little bit of metal out of the way.
I'll probably end up getting a bottle jack to replace the standard one too.

Latest posts

Back