Which scv

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt87

Reaction score
D40 is hunting on cold start so I though I would start with replacing scv and fuel filter.

I have rung local supplier and he needs a diesel pump number which is understandable but how do I find that or how do I know which scv my d40 has, long or short ??

Give a liqui moly diesel purge a go first. There are instructions on here and a few write ups. Had a similar issue with my d22 recently and running a can of that through it has sorted it out nicely. I didn't bother changing the fuel filter either as it's not very old...

Righto I will give that stuff a run through and see how it goes but she's stalling a lot on cold idle so might be worth changing scv

Mine was the same. Sometimes 2 or 3 stalls and really unsteady idle once it stopped stalling. Ran a can of that through and all good. I gave it a few good stabs of the pedal to get the scv moving through its full range to clean any crap out of it. Ran it up to 4000rpm for a bit too, but varied the revs quite a bit. Definitely worth doing as part of routine maintenance...

Bods, did you have a hunt in revs at say 1000rpm on start up when cold?, mine was playing up like that. All good now.
Yep, if it would idle properly at all until it was warmed up. Was nearly impossible to back out of the driveway unless you let it warm up for a couple of min before moving too

Ran a bottle of liqui moly diesel purge through a tank today. Wasn't hunting as much during the day but I will see in the morning how she starts from cold.

Latest posts

Back