ZD30 & DPChip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Have done a search but have not been able to find anyone suffering the same issue as I. I have a 2005 ZD30 D22 and March this year I had a DPChip fitted to it. Had some issues with surging under acceleration when the engine is cold. They said to send it back and they would reconfigure it. So that has been done, and I have noticed that the surging has come back. Some times its worse then others, but it always seems to disappear once the engine is up to temp. Does anyone else experience the same problem? If I disconnect the module, issue is not present. Other mods I have are 2.75" exhaust, and I have also done the EGR/Swirl mod, but Im wondering if this mod may be causing dramas?

I have had my DPCHIP on for about 4 years and had no trouble at all. I did install it myself. I have the same exhaust as you done the EGR mod. I would get them to send you a complete new chip and forget about this reconfiguration crap. It should be installed and forgotten about. On the bright side mine has been awsome I have recently installed a front mount intercooler boost tee and catch can and I have the chip wound up to 9 and it goes hard very happy. Good lluck mate.

The problem must be with the throttle control sensor, the earth or a loose wire??, normally the issue you have sounds like a neutral position switch, but with the chip gone and no issue that is ruled out. That chip basically holds the spill valve open longer thus more fuel to combust. It sounds like erratic signals being sent to the chip and causing the surging.

The problem must be with the throttle control sensor, the earth or a loose wire??, normally the issue you have sounds like a neutral position switch, but with the chip gone and no issue that is ruled out. That chip basically holds the spill valve open longer thus more fuel to combust. It sounds like erratic signals being sent to the chip and causing the surging.

So possible ECU or cabling issue?

Yes cabling possibly??? the throttle position wire could be loose. I spoke to someone recently that gave up and removed the chip. This problem could be any number of things.
HJ

Latest posts

Back