ZD30 Overheating

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicko

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with their zd30 running hot. Its only just started since we've been getting days over 40c. i tow a 6x4 trailer everyday and never have any dramas. Only got warm when i was towing the boat at 100kmh, in 40c heat. It didnt boil, the gauge just crept up and the air con was blowing warm air. Since that day the turbo sounds different and still works but i have lost power.

Ive got it booked in to see a diesel mechanic this weekend and im wondering how much im going to be up for.

History
240,000ks
Injectors are on the way out, (will only run on Shell or BP diesel, anything else will miss)
Did a body lift 18months ago and never put the fan shroud back on because of the body lift, otherwise i would have had to drop the radiator. But it has run perfect since then and hasn't skipped a beat.
rear main seal has very minor leak
clutch boot is leaking oil.
Im really not sure what to do.

Any suggestions

Have exact same issue with YD25, on hot days, aircon on, temp slowly creaps up at speeds > 100. Since first noticing it, I have noticeably less power, and occasionally going into limp mode.

Currently at Nissan being looked at, will let you know the outcome.

if you see the temp going up why leave the air con on? put it on heat then wind the windows down.

I had a similar problem recently. Only notice it getting hot with the van hooked up. Turned to be a radiator partly blocked by sludge. It was only passing about 25% of normal coolant flow. I believe this was a result of mixing good coolant with the crap premixed stuff. I put a new radiator in and no worries. The Nissan rad has very small flow holes which makes it difficult to clean out, I got one mine Natrad (Aus wide warranty). Moral of the story is to not mix coolant without thoroughly flushing the system.

Took it to Outback 4WD,
They did several tests to the car, radiator is gone, two suct hoses on the turbo were perished and split allowing crap from the engine bay through.

Will now replace radiator and put a 3" exhaust system in.

Latest posts

Back