What the hell are these for?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
This has been bugging me for a while, and may be a stupid question......but what are these for? And double points if they have a name.

Oh and if this is a stupid question please disregard, I will probably delete the thread before you all have a chance to bag me ha ha ha.

IMG_2715Medium.jpg

NOW.
I have a theory on these things.
Ive looked at them everytime I get in the car.
I think they are to break up the wind so you dont get helicopter noises in the front.
Lots of cars have them, but not every car.
These are my thoughts.
Enjoy your day

I think you will find they are a guide for when the window is going up, as sometimes when your driving along you should notice the window will flex out because of the pressure in the cab. I had an older car that when I drove it you actually had to pull the window back to get it up (the window boys!!!)

This has been bugging me for a while, and may be a stupid question......but what are these for? And double points if they have a name.

Oh and if this is a stupid question please disregard, I will probably delete the thread before you all have a chance to bag me ha ha ha.

IMG_2715Medium.jpg

Quoted so Jase can be bagged. :big_smile::big_smile:

To the question, not sure as I dont see mine as I have weather shields on mine.

Dave.

they stop water dripping into the car when the window is down, drainage assistance tabs.

do i win anything?

had em on my maxima years ago.

you can leave the window down a little even when it's raining and they prevent water from running down the window rubber and onto your door trim.

I think they are a unique feature specially designed to 'bug' Jason everytime he drives his ute.

A cunning plan by Nissan; by concentrating on it, you forget about the other annoying aspects of your Nav.

:big_smile:

Boss

D40's don't have them, must be there for you D22 blokes to hang your handbag's on or something...

Hahahaha.......

Hi Guys,

I think Kitch nailed it. They are to align the windows as they wind up when driving fast.

As the air deflects around the edge of the windscreen it creates a low pressure area just outside of the front windows. This low pressure area tries to suck the window out of the cabin. As the window rolls up, and gets close to closing, the escaping air pulls the window out of alignment with the frame and the window can jump out of the frame at the top without the guide.

D40's don't need them cause they aren't aerodynamic enough to create the low pressure area :happy_smile:

I'd call them window alignment guides. Do I win? :big_smile:

Cheers,

DJ

I think they are a unique feature specially designed to 'bug' Jason everytime he drives his ute.

A cunning plan by Nissan; by concentrating on it, you forget about the other annoying aspects of your Nav.

:big_smile:

Boss

D40's don't have them, must be there for you D22 blokes to hang your handbag's on or something...

Hahahaha.......

You're all on fire! Good calls.

Well I thought non Helicopter noise inhibiters was a more technical terms.

I dont know how Im going to explain to the nissan dealer what they are if myne ever break.

"Um, there like the things on the windows that are rubber but not quite and they hang off the sills like ears, you know?"

look doesn't really matter what they are for or what they are called.... d22 has them and the d40 doesn't so the d22 is better :D

Latest posts

Back