slow D40 build up..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navman_brent

Reaction score
this is my D40 2k7 model bought it bog stock.. then started adding..

first added the sound system..
pioneer head unit..6x9's... 6 inch splits. two 12 inch woofers, mono block amp.. 4 channel amp..

then electric brakes... and worklights facing the rear.

2 inch lift and $70 bargain bullbar off ebay.. genuine steel arb winch model..
ironman suspension.. comfort ride springs.

tjm bash plates the front underbody gaurd and transmission gaurd.

set of 265/75 maxxis bighorns..

snorkel went on just last week..

so many plans but most will unfold after warranty... more lift bigger rubber etc..

P1010066.jpg

P1010061.jpg

cheers andy n laith.. the reason i havent put them in door is because im going to get another set of 6x9's for the front.. the more speakers the better.

That bullbar realy changes the way it looks.

My main dislike is how low and flat the front looks on D40's. Yours looks mad. Makes me think I would like one :embarassed: but im enjoying not having to repay a loan at the moment. (well one anyway, I got plenty of others :eek:)

Hey nice truck and nice additions made already.....sell your warranty or just give it away, I want to see all the changes to your truck...:victory:

you will see all the changes to my truck mate i have plenty of things yet to do.
The next few things will be smallish.. UHF, new spotties, protection side steps...
And im also looking for a locker for the front diff i know arb has one for the rear but i would rather one for the front because of the lsd rear. Im looking into an autolocker for the front and see how it goes.

But things are on hold for a little bit because im buying some air con for the house. Im really happy with how the navs turning out.. you dont see many modded for offroad.

i went to arb and tjm on friday looking for a locker and all they can say is "still under development" but that is what they said 12months ago?
if you have any luck finding a locker for the front, please share.
i can't figure out why ARB are so slow with this as there are so many d40s out there now, maybe they have to much money already?:suicide:

i went to arb and tjm on friday looking for a locker and all they can say is "still under development" but that is what they said 12months ago?
if you have any luck finding a locker for the front, please share.
i can't figure out why ARB are so slow with this as there are so many d40s out there now, maybe they have to much money already?:suicide:

i know what you mean surely it doesnt take that long to develop a front air locker.. thats why im searcing for a mechanical locker to see if anyone has brought them out.. ill let you know if i have any luck. If they are still saying the same thing in a years time i think i will just get the locker in the rear.. ones better then none i guess.

havnet got word back on the locker but am going to sunshine coast on monday so ill try a fw places down there.. but for now i have a slight ding in my exhaust.. im thinking of just getting the angle grinder out and cutting the section out for now.. its before the muffler, and if it sounds shit i have some intercooler pipe that i could fix it up with till i get a new exhaust.

your right one is better than none but when i said they dont make one yet i was talking about the rear one. not sure if they will ever make one for the front but i have read a couple of d40 owners in the states have fitted a titan front diff but that doesent really help us here.
it would be good to get hold of one of the standard lockers for the rear out of the states as they are still a LSD.
maybe need to plan the next holiday OS.

do you mean dimmensions or ratios? when one comes out the for the front it will be put in for sure. getting an exhaust and another 2 inches of lift sorted right now.

The states guys have been having problems with the right ratios but they would have different ones to us.

Latest posts

Back