slow D40 build up..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah due to them having V6's im pretty sure, i couldnt tell you ratios man, havnt really looked into it.

Took the exhaust off today so im just running the dump pipe till i get a new dump pipe and 3 inch zorst..doesnt sound to bad now, not loud at all.. i was quite surprised. Wonder what nissan will say if i take it in without an exhaust

While it sounds good, I wouldn't drive it round too long like that, you could very well pass out at the wheel with exhaust fumes entering the cabin, just a thought.

plus all the extra heat in the engine bay, unless youve got a long dump?

The Titan front diff needs custom CVs made but i think thats all thats different. I think gearing has been an issue but theres are all petrol so the diesels here might match up.

What size diff is the D40 front anyway?

I have a Titan front diff with half shafts from a V8 Pathfinder. The gears ratio is 3.36

The Titan front diff is a M205, the Frontier V6 D40 front diff is a R180, and I believe the Navara has the M200 diff.

Cheers for that info....man nissan are a pain when it comes to what diffs they use...

na i bolted it back up, theres cables running on the chassis kinda close to it. it was exiting down near the chassis facing down.

some new pics of a forum meet up we had last weekend. was good fun. get some videos up soon.

7thofFeb007.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

lifted wheels all over the place, didnt get stuck once in any of the bog holes, was on the right end of the snatch strap :) diff lock would make everything much easier, but its still heaps of fun without it. just need plenty of right foot. got hardly any pics cos we were all having too much fun.

yeah for sure.. we only have one problem all the videos cant be put on the computer cos that model camera doesnt have a driver for vista so i think we are going to have hook it up to a tv and use a dvd recorder to put it on dvd than on my laptop. anoying process but the video is pretty good.

no problems at all. warranty is the reason i went 32's and not 33's also. the dealership i go to doesnt even hessitate at warranty claims, its good. no worries at all, same with insurance. but any bigger and you will have problems.

havent put anything up for a bit so heres another pic, i was going to buy some protection steps for the nav but insurance and rego are due so that will have to wait a couple more weeks.
26-02-09_182a.jpg

yeah its to a good point now im really liking how it looks still lots of things i want but it seems to go most places now, the difference over stock is amazing, especially with the tyres. Yeah it gets a fair workout but i dont do anything i know it wont be capable of.. well not all the time. its my daily driver so my next mods will have to be chosen carefully wether i go bigger lift with a second big set of tyres or go with a second car for the hardcore tracks.. but my next mod is a 50 inch tv and surround sound for my house.. i realised now i have aircon-d the bedroom i need to put my tv in there and get a second tv.

the list for my car now goes as...
-calmini/ fabtech lift + my ironman lift+ 35's ( just a dream for now)
-air locker- this is definately on the cards as a next mod.
-change out the factory tub liner for a spray on style
-electronic rust protection
-steel protection steps or sliders
-fuel tank skid plate, and transfer case

so many dollars right there. my missus has already had enough of me spending all my money on the nav.

wow havent been on here for some time.. nav has been at nissan for the last 3 weeks, waiting on a seat belt to come in from overseas. Got the alternator replaced under warranty as well, even though it was my fault.

Took it to LCMP and its true what they say... something breaks or bad happens when you go there.. and it did.

Mate love the truck, i've only seen the navara as a shopping trolly so good to see one modded for offroad, have good idea what mine will look like now when i finally get my hands on one.

Nice truck mate!
Just wondering..did you have the ironman confort lift kit installed or just the shocks? if so how is the ride and has their been any problems with it? im thinking about getting the 'comfort' 2" lift installed soon. cheers

Latest posts

Back