just broke my fave thing on my d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might have been reset somehow. There's a procedure to restore it, I'm sure Krafty posted it. Not sure if it's in the manual.

Something tells me we need to collate all the handy tips and procedures into one place.

That little fix, for all those who need it, will always revert back to the factory setting of no auto if the ECU looses power, the battery goes flat or the battery is disconnected.

It appears if the car came from the factory with the auto feature turned on power loss doesn't revert it back so there is no doubt a setting somewhere that the average mug can't change. The no auto feature really does appear to be a random thing though, some cars had it some didn't despite their ages being almost identical so it could also be one of those things some dealers do pre delivery and some don't.

I have a 2010 ST (Thai Build) and I don't have AUTO UP (and really miss it from my D22). The switch doesn't 'feel' like it has the auto up (as doesn't have the second 'click) ... is there a chance my D40 ST has Auto up ?

Try the fix and see for yourself, you're not going to break anything by doing it and it may just work if you do

the procedure to fix is you push drivers window the button down until the window is fully open then lift the button and hold it for 5 seconds after the window has actually closed
HOPE IT HELPS

its all in the manuel anyway.....

Sounds similar to Prado procedure.

The windows have a memory as to where "up" is. When the battery is removed or goes flat, the computer loses the memory for the windows up position. The windows are pressure sensitive and so for the computer to relearn, you need to hold the up switch in the up position for 5 seconds after the window is fully closed. This sets the fully closed position and returns the windows to normal operation.

Don't know about the Navs, but the Prado has to have each window done independently from it's own switch, it can't be done from the master panel. What a PITA.

Saw this yesterday at a mates Auto electric shop.

DJ

Seems some D40s have a few green gremlins or free radical electrons in the window circuits. The auto up/down feature wasn't working when I got mine but I just followed the spiel in the handbook to get it going. Stopped working when I disconnected the battery as well....just went through the procedure in the hand book and all good again.

Apart from not having it from the factory the only time mine has ever stopped is after it went to Nissan for the steering wheel replacement because they disconnected the battery, it's never reverted back automatically.

When I bought mine 2 years ago I figured it was just a few car makers being slow on the up take of the new ADR as recommended by the coroners report but it appears some company's are still dragging their feet. Maybe the auto up function is also illegal in other countries and that's why it's happening to a few different cars but my old mans BT50 (8 weeks old) came with the auto feature.

When I bought mine 2 years ago I figured it was just a few car makers being slow on the up take of the new ADR as recommended by the coroners report but it appears some company's are still dragging their feet. Maybe the auto up function is also illegal in other countries and that's why it's happening to a few different cars but my old mans BT50 (8 weeks old) came with the auto feature.

Dont mean to sound heartless but a car with keys in it is not a kids play ground, I love the auto up on my d22

What you have to remember is that it takes one person to have such a freak accident and a coroner who thinks he has to been seen to be doing something to jump to the conclusion that all people are at risk which makes such laws justifiable.

OT I know but coroners reports are forever requesting impractical things under the guise of saving lives. Look at the stupid rule (might be Vic only) that states all boats under 4m must have it's occupants in PFD's when moving. Apparently boats not moving and boats over 4m are less likely to sink or drown their occupants.

Knee jerk reactions by people of authority that don't understand things are ruining this country, politicians are bad enough but coroners make their fair share of stupid recommendations which become law.

Like last night the venue i was at, A bloke walks outside the fresh air hits him and he does a face plant call the ambo,s, But we all know it wasn,t that he drank to much alcohol the real cause was they served him to much alcohol. No one takes responsibility for their own actions, Every one looks for someone else to blame :cheers!:

There was a guy in QLD a few years back who successfully sued both the pub and driver because he was pissed and walked in front of the car. It's a joke, the car didn't even have auto wind up windows :big_smile:

ive tried to do the reset on my D40 even taken to doing it while driving around and there is still no success, Talk to nissan at the next service???

Are you sure you are doing it right, from other peoples reports sometimes it takes up to 10 seconds of holding in each position to make it work.

I'd definitely hit Nissan up on it but be prepared for them to either say they don't know how to fix it or they wont fix it due to some bullshit law.

Latest posts

Back