blue spot light covers now illegal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACKSTR

Reaction score
i bought a set of blue spot light protectors from ARB set me back about 45 bucks. just recently i got pulled over by our favorite men in blue not or should i say woman in blue, she procededs to walk around my car trying to find anything to defect me. which i found really annoying.

then she came up to me and said are you a cop car?
i replied sorry what do you mean.
those blue spot light covers are illegal she said, are you a cop car?
i said well obviously im not i replied.
at this point i wanted to tell her to get F..ed she said the law came out last month. i told her that i bought the covers over a year ago, she said owell you better take them off. ill let you off with a warning.

the funny thing is she didnt say anything about my rod holders, my 33ich muddies or my boost gauge. stupid pigs.
but what also ticked me off was i notice that honda odessy has blue head lights and also the nissan xtrails so what does it mean they are cop cars.

my comment is to the police department of qld you have got to be kinding. arent there more important things to enforce. :rant::rant::rant:

I reckon you must have looked juuuust like a cop car mate, only the cheif inspector could tell you apart.

Most importantly..........
Was she a hot cop chick?

yeh mate all i know is my mate had gauges on his pillar and he got defected another stupid law. but dont quote me on it.
and the cop had a nice set of tits which did settle me down lol

freaking pigs,too scared to go and do what they should be doing....chasing crims...instead they nit pick on law abiding citizens..
gota tell ya also....they pulled up my son for a random check in his ss commy.
he got it registered just the day before and they took his licence for driving a manual on a auto licence...his mate tried to tell them he was taking lessons but they still took his license for 3 months. assholes

Must be a capital city thing.

I got breath tested again the other day and the cop more worried about the smoke I had in my hand. "Throw that out the window son and its a $500 fine" I said I am hardly gonna throw it out in front of you am I.

Any modification technically is illegal, if the cops have had a good day there usually pretty good.

There is a hot blonde cop down here Matt that I dont care if she pulls me over.

Dave.

u sure porky didnt think they were actually light covers and prob thought they were actually the light themsleves thus beaming a bright blue light... it was a FEMALE that pulled u over...lol

I think they suited the car better, plus the blues are only for looks, you can't use the lights with them on.

I think it's because they block out the red & yellow light from the spectrum so you only get about 1/3 the intensity.

Pillar gauges are against the rules in NSW, at least, and may be for other states. The general rule of thumb is "nothing above the instrument cluster" which really stuffs people with TomToms and NavMans, or mobile phones in those cradles that suction to your window.

I've got little beanie dogs on my dash. I wonder if NPWS will tell me off and get the cops to write me a canary for it.

Generally speaking any of those mods are not even looked at by the cops unless you draw attention to them. That might be by speeding, or a not-so-careful lane change or something.

Getting aggressive with a police person who's already itching to write a ticket is only going to seal the deal.

Most of 'em are just doing their job. As with every arena, there's always a bad apple in the bunch, which doesn't do the rest of 'em any good - unless we remember it.

I have the Deep Blue lenses for my Lightforce lights and have been pulled over a few time and never been done for the lense covers. I have been asked about them but they are designed for fog and snow or ice. Also they will still work as DL but you dont get the killer glare back from road signs.
When the bubbleheads start running 9" blue lights ill change my covers . According to the ADR's you can run any colour lenses on the front of your vehicle as long as they arent red.They are a driving light lense cover not anything trying to imitate a cop car.
If I know Im going to be doing highway driving Ill put on the Crystal Blue lenses but still blue as its a softer light on the eyes.

I never had an issue with cops and my spotties and i had 6 of them. And all green. Ive heard any lense cover other then clear is illegal. Duno the truth behind it.

I've got little beanie dogs on my dash. I wonder if NPWS will tell me off and get the cops to write me a canary for it.

You're starting to scare me Tony, I've got one named Yapper and Rusty from the Home Hardware ads sitting on my dash. All I need is the caravan on the back and people are going to start making weird comparisons :big_smile:

no she said spot light protectors. yeah i had to buy some new clear ones from arb too. now i got 2 pairs lol. i wish she pulled me off instead of pulling me over. would of been i better outcome lol

I never had an issue with cops and my spotties and i had 6 of them. And all green. Ive heard any lense cover other then clear is illegal. Duno the truth behind it.

yeah i think any colour that a police car might hav so blue and red i waiting for sum1 wit a red 4wd to put on some massive blue spotties lol

Latest posts

Back