2" Suspension Lift affecting CV's/Gearing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am planning on raising my suspension 2" probably through Wilkinsons Suspension here in Perth as I'm not keen on tackling it myself... As I understand they will be replacing the leaf springs, adding spacer blocks, and winding the front torsion bars up... Will consider getting it done at other places but Wilkinsons is the best value for money so far @ $1600... After that I will probably put 32" Maxxis Bighorns on when the budget allows... Only issue is that I have heard some people say that even a simple 2" raise can cause issues with the Cv's and possibly the gearing further down the track... Has anybody had any issues with this...?

Cheers

most off the issue with cvs in my experience isnt so much the angle(within reason)
its more the fact that because there is so much extra tension on the torsion bar when you drop a front wheel in a hole it slams the wheel downwards with a lot more pressure than standard which seperates the joint. when you then add power trying to drive the joint round they then seperate and jam or smash.
that said 2" lift is not that big of an issue in my experience. had my old ute liftex bit over 2" and only ever brole one but that was more to do with have a split boot and filling it with sand rather than the lift.

most off the issue with cvs in my experience isnt so much the angle(within reason)
its more the fact that because there is so much extra tension on the torsion bar when you drop a front wheel in a hole it slams the wheel downwards with a lot more pressure than standard which seperates the joint. when you then add power trying to drive the joint round they then seperate and jam or smash.
that said 2" lift is not that big of an issue in my experience. had my old ute liftex bit over 2" and only ever brole one but that was more to do with have a split boot and filling it with sand rather than the lift.

Thanks for the response qqc d22... The other option I have been looking at is changing the front torsion bars when I get the suspension done anyway... Not sure what the life expectancy is especially when you do wind them up, but my D22 has only done 130,000kms so hopefully they will last a fair bit longer... :)

Spring spacers are illegal afaik might want to reconsider where you get your lift kit.

you can get a full EFS 2" kit for about $1200 which includes new torsion bars and leaf springs, should get it inc fitting for about the same money.

if your getting springs replaced then theres absolutely no need for spring spacers.

Ohh right see I wasnt told the spacers were illegal... In that case I may reconsider... Have heard plenty of good things about the EFS kits so that may be the better option all round with new torsions... Any suggestions on where I could get a full 2" EFS kit for around $1200 180degrees...? And I assume I'd just be able to contact any suspension joint to get it fitted...?

Um I'll have to double check with glen, but I don't think spacer blocks are illegal. I know extended shackles are illegal.

Yeah thats not cheap at all. Even in my part of the world! Ring around as much as you can, surely there is something cheaper.

You shouldn't have any drama's with a 2 inch lift.

Cheers for all the responses guys... I was hoping it was going to be a little less than $1600 myself (especially without new torsions) but thats actually the cheapest quote I'd had from 5 different places in Perth... I will look to give Zordo a go as I'd rather give the business to someone genuine anyway... Any idea on what would be a reasonable price to have a kit fitted by a suspension joint...?

Got my 2" lift kit installed yesterday , no spacers needed - and as other people mentioned already and based on some of my research 2" will not compromise your CV angles - unless you go higher than 2" then you have to think about supporting mods to lessen the amount of angle of your CV

Thanks dilmah... I gave Airborne a shot today and they came back at $550 to fit a kit I supply them... They did quote a more reasonable $1750 for their tough dog kit including new torsions though... I will probably keep doing the ring around until I can find somebody reasonably priced...

Got my 2" lift kit installed yesterday , no spacers needed - and as other people mentioned already and based on some of my research 2" will not compromise your CV angles - unless you go higher than 2" then you have to think about supporting mods to lessen the amount of angle of your CV

I f you have a close look at the setup...any lift will compromise the CV's..

$550 to fit a kit I supply them

$550 for 3 hours work. Thats planning for early retirement

Back